next week's weather...getting nervous!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Only a couple of more days!!! We leave for Cozumel on February 1st for a week! I've been trying to monitor the 7 day weather forecast for Cozumel and I'm starting to get nervous as I see rain for most of next week! How on the money are weather forecasts for Cozumel? I've been going to www.ask.com and typing in Weather In Cozumel. It comes up with the current temp and then has a link under it to see the 7 day forecast. I'm getting nervous that it will be raining the whole time we are there! This is our first big diving trip! Any info on Coz weather is appreciated!

Michelle

d56nut:
Hi,

Only a couple of more days!!! We leave for Cozumel on February 1st for a week! I've been trying to monitor the 7 day weather forecast for Cozumel and I'm starting to get nervous as I see rain for most of next week! How on the money are weather forecasts for Cozumel? I've been going to www.ask.com and typing in Weather In Cozumel. It comes up with the current temp and then has a link under it to see the 7 day forecast. I'm getting nervous that it will be raining the whole time we are there! This is our first big diving trip! Any info on Coz weather is appreciated!

Michelle

d56nut

Quit worrying and get some sleep.

As long as its not stormy or windy you should be ok in any case. Rain will diminish viz at surface but diving will probably still be great. We were there when Hurricane Michelle was a near miss and dumped lots of rain to the point of flooding in some areas. Except for the two days the government closed all diving, conditions were fine.

Beach activities may be curtailed but this is a dive trip.A Jamaican saying comes to mind. I'm sure you know it.

I'll second that opinion. We had the same forecast when we hit Cozumel last fall. It turned out that overcase and rainy meant cloudy with intermittent periods of sun. It was fine. Don't worry - its a waste of time - the weather will be what the weather will be. I stopped checking those forecasts a couple of years ago because I ended wasting a lot of energy worrying about something I could not control.

I like you watched the weather before we went Christmas. There was nothing I could do about it. Take clothes that will keep you warm and dry after the dive. A lined windbreaker, covering for your head, long pants if you are cold natured. We did not take any of that so we wore our wetsuits on the boat (cold north wind) :ice: once we were in the water everything was great. Once we were back on land it was great very warm. I was a little chilled at night but I am small and cold natured. I would trade the weather that we had in Coz for the weather here any day. Go have fun quit worrying make the best of your vacation. :dance:

yup- totally had the same experience in Coz- weather was cold and we did not take any sweaters- definately plan for all. Diving will still be awesome though. Actually the only dive I really enjoyed was on the day that a storm passed by- there were less people onthe boat as they all cancelled, and less people underneath as the smaller boats had a small craft advisory. (something to be aware of)

Just take books/cards so if the weather does rain you out, you have something to do!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom