Next Pool Session - Monday, February 21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I get a little roll call here to see who is coming to this class?
Jenny, Toby, Krista (?) and I will be practicing a little rescue skills.
Then we will have to celebrate all the lives we save with a deco up the street.

So who is coming?????

I'm in.

How deep is the pool? I was looking at their website and it didn't have much on it. THE coolest training pool I ever saw was at Mike Ball Watersports in Townsville, Qld - they had a pool that was the back half of the store but raised up four feet with big windows so customers could watch. Then they had a transit tube right through the store at ceiling level that ran right out the front of the store to the sidewalk where they had a tube straight down to their 25' deep training area.

Tom Winters:
How deep is the pool? I was looking at their website and it didn't have much on it. THE coolest training pool I ever saw was at Mike Ball Watersports in Townsville, Qld - they had a pool that was the back half of the store but raised up four feet with big windows so customers could watch. Then they had a transit tube right through the store at ceiling level that ran right out the front of the store to the sidewalk where they had a tube straight down to their 25' deep training area.

This is South Florida! Ya know - water table 6" under!
They were shooting for a 12' when the new building was being built but the pool kept collapsing. Ended up with an 8'

So are you coming?

95 South to Hollywood Blvd. West about 5 miles, about 3/4 mile past 72Ave, on the right.
OR Turnpike South to Hollywood Blvd. West on Pines (Hollywood changes to Pines) about 1 mile, on right.

I've been trying to light a fire under the kid to get her worked up - but I guess doing training is too close to actually getting off her unmotivated little tuchus and doing something constructive.
Now if someone wore a Blackfyre wetsuit from Teen Titans...
I gotta see what her homework load for Tuesday will be. Monday is a school holiday for Broward but not for Palm Beach.

Hi Renee,
I am new to the diving scene and Miss Jenny informed me of your gig Monday night and I would love to attend. I just got certified a week ago and would like to do a little more practicing with my new equipment. Did not know about your shop prior to buying my equipment but I still need some things. I would imagine you have a tank of air I can rent? look forward to meeting you Monday. Am also interested in finding people to buddy with for some reef dives in the upcoming weeks. Happy Friday and hope you have an awesome weekend!

Take care,
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom