Newly certified looking for divers in Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, with the day temps where they are (in the 60's) it is not a bad dive. I have several buddies that dive wet there all year long. I have only had my drysuit a little over a year, before that it was wet! :)

DW

I only only own a 3mm suit so far. Sounds like alot of fun although I might need to rent a 5mm or better wetsuit for those temps. When I certified a couple of weeks ago at Swepco the temp at 25ft was bout 64 not to warm. Although that was with two 3mm suits on. I want to dive really bad so maybe I can rent a extra one somewhere.

Congratulations on your certs! Oronogo is a fun place to dive, and they do have rental gear there as well, ie. 6/7 mm wetsuits, bc,...etc. I dive wet 6mm and stay pretty comfy. You will want gloves tho', took me one dive to figure that out!:) You can also find them at Captain Johns | Oronogo, MO However, they haven't updated it since October....one my pet peeves. I haven't been there to dive the new season yet, but it was $12 to get in and just dive, then what ever gear you need... air fills were 4 dollars I think. Maybe Dark Wolf could verify that. All in all, I enjoy it, they have sunken boats and an airplane to look at, and vis is usually 5-15 depending on weather and #of divers on a given day. They have a school bus that has been sitting on blocks for a while now.... maybe they will sink it sometime soon.

Happy Diving-

Yes, gate fee is $12, and air fills are $4 for AL 80's. HP steels are a bit higher.

DW

Congratulations on your certs! Oronogo is a fun place to dive, and they do have rental gear there as well, ie. 6/7 mm wetsuits, bc,...etc. I dive wet 6mm and stay pretty comfy. You will want gloves tho', took me one dive to figure that out!:) You can also find them at Captain Johns | Oronogo, MO However, they haven't updated it since October....one my pet peeves. I haven't been there to dive the new season yet, but it was $12 to get in and just dive, then what ever gear you need... air fills were 4 dollars I think. Maybe Dark Wolf could verify that. All in all, I enjoy it, they have sunken boats and an airplane to look at, and vis is usually 5-15 depending on weather and #of divers on a given day. They have a school bus that has been sitting on blocks for a while now.... maybe they will sink it sometime soon.

Happy Diving-

Thanks Kyzzle for the info. Do you live in the area or do you just perfer the lake? That sounds good I guess I could always wear my 3mm and then get a large 6mm over top to make sure were nice and toasty. The dive site sounds really awesome.

Dark Wolf when do you think you might be going? You mentioned something about early May.

I will be at Oronogo this Sunday, and again the following weekend. Want to come out?

DW

Yes, I will be there on the 25th. I will be there at 9 am when the gates open. Hope to see you guys there!!

DW

I live about 25 minutes from Oronogo, so it great to have a place that close! I actually got certified thru them, so I am a little partial to the place. Be forewarned about the looks of the place... not the fanciest. I know some people that have been a little leary based on looks, including my own son... he is wanting to get certified, and is looking for the place that he feels most comfortable with. They know what they are doing there and are friendly tho.
Not sure about putting the 6mm over your 3 though... that doesn't sound like fun! I get all the fun I can stand just getting one wetsuit on! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom