Newly certified diver OOA at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and a head and face laceration to this day my wife and I are not certain how it happened to him. maybe a strap or buckle from the bolting divers fin caught him just right. T

Not surprising. I've seen people get cut pretty badly just from being kicked with the rubber part of the fin.

Fisher, I empathize with you completely.. First, get an Instructor's manual and study it....don't let someone get you into problems you do not need...second, don't believe your instructor's insurance covers you...I sent you the FAQ to that one already...they will tell you anything to get you to work...Finally, don't get discouraged, you're still learning...don't let anyone get you into trouble on their word..You are correct, PADI does not require DM's to have insurance to remain current, but, you are not covered on the instructor's insurance...spend the $300 and get your own, then, you can work with me anytime.

I guess a SB addict can not stay off the board. Thanks for the many positive PM's. It seems like you know who the A$$es are, and yet they still get you mad. But if semicivilized folks get angry and leave, there wouldn't be anyone left except NetDoc and the A$$es. Next time, I get frustrated, I'll have to change my email so the PM's don't come through.

I guess a SB addict can not stay off the board. Thanks for the many positive PM's. It seems like you know who the A$$es are, and yet they still get you mad. But if semicivilized folks get angry and leave, there wouldn't be anyone left except NetDoc and the A$$es. Next time, I get frustrated, I'll have to change my email so the PM's don't come through.

Welcome back. If it helps any, the thread was split so the discussion of "Forum Behaviour" to discuss how that thread could have been or should have been handled.

Welcome back. BTW, you can set your email to Ignore all a$$ses. LOL

Bruce

Now that would be handy....maybe they can include that in version 2.0

In SSI standards, CESA is taught with the reg in, and the air turned ON. Go figure (and laugh) at that....

Care to cite that standard?

I went through the standards last night and it's not there. That is how our shop also teaches it, but it's not in the standards. It IS in the instructor manual, however.

I spoke with SSI HQ and they have no problem with teaching it either way, as long as I write up the skill as I would teach it and submit it to SSI. I'll be sending a letter to SSI requesting a deviation approval that will give me the option of doing EBA with reg out..... This was how I was taught in my original SSI AOW class and it makes the most sense to me.

I went through the standards last night and it's not there. That is how our shop also teaches it, but it's not in the standards. It IS in the instructor manual, however.

I spoke with SSI HQ and they have no problem with teaching it either way, as long as I write up the skill as I would teach it and submit it to SSI. I'll be sending a letter to SSI requesting a deviation approval that will give me the option of doing EBA with reg out..... This was how I was taught in my original SSI AOW class and it makes the most sense to me.

Cool! Good idea!

Don't get it. Why would my face be on fire? Sorry, must be an English thing I don't understand.

It made more sense before they split the thread and my previous post disappeared from this thread.

Your statement about not caring what the standards say could come back and bite you and your shop. Violating standards is definitely something I would avoid. I have a hard time believing that's how you operate, but that's what you wrote.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom