Newer diver needs help picking out split fins

Which of these open heels if any, do you like?

• Mares Raptor

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Sherwood Fusion

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Tusa X-pert Zoom

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Oceanic Vortex V-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tusa X-pert Zoom Z3

• Oceanic Vortex V-16

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldnt consider you "small stature" most of those people were under 170 lb.s
I've heard nothing but great things about Atomics ,mixed reviews on the Twin Jets(mostly good). The shop I went to carried Atomics,Oceanic,Mares & Tusa. But after diving with me and sizing me up recommended Atomics#1, Mares#2.Seeing that Mares has a great rep for their "foot pocket" designs,at under $99 I went with the Mares. But If you getta chance try to dive a few & see what you like.

And remember to desist from renting as the
cumulative rental price approaches the retail price

like many people, i want something thats easier on the legs/requires less effort (less o2).

Kick slower, with a fin that provides more torque. Unless you like to kick faster (but easier) with a fin that provides less torque.

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually just got a better paying job, so I can spend $200 now without feeling like i just sawed off my left arm for a pair of fins.

IST makes a very good entry level split fin

Last edited by a moderator:
The Oceanic V-16's they come with spring straps and are lighter than the TUSA splits that dont come with spring straps. Go with the V-16's we have them for $189 as well as the TUSA Splits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom