Newer diver needs help picking out split fins

Which of these open heels if any, do you like?

• Mares Raptor

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Sherwood Fusion

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Tusa X-pert Zoom

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Oceanic Vortex V-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tusa X-pert Zoom Z3

• Oceanic Vortex V-16

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NWdude83

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im looking for a pair of open heel split fins that either come with spring straps or will use EZ spring straps, that cost $100-$150. I have been looking at several fins and would like to get some opinions on them, and not get the 20 questions routine or the "you should spend a lot more than you want to" comments. Thank you

You ask "which of these - if any - do you like" yet you don't have an "if any" option. Sort of a "none of the above" kind of choice.

PS - I know you don't want "20 questions" but how about ONE question:

Why do you want split fins?

I have Jets, Vipers & Raptors.I like all ,but when I'm hunting(lobster, fish,ect)on a trip where I'm doing 6 or 7 dives with a lot of distance sometimes against current I find I cramp less and they're easier on my legs. I looked at the Tusa & Oceanic all were to small/short to propel me,Atomics (what I really wanted) a little pricey and the Mares just right (price and power). But I'm 6'3" @215lb.s I have smaller stature friends that love their Oceanics.

like many people, i want something thats easier on the legs/requires less effort (less o2).

I have Jets, Vipers & Raptors.I like all ,but when I'm hunting(lobster, fish,ect)on a trip where I'm doing 6 or 7 dives with a lot of distance sometimes against current I find I cramp less and they're easier on my legs. I looked at the Tusa & Oceanic all were to small/short to propel me,Atomics (what I really wanted) a little pricey and the Mares just right (price and power). But I'm 6'3" @215lb.s I have smaller stature friends that love their Oceanics.

Im 5'11 200lbs, i dont know if you would consider that "smaller stature".

Scuba Pro twin jets and the only split fins that I've ever had on that I didn't hate and they do come with spring straps. I still have my first set of fins, Tusa x-pert zooms. With them, I feel like I'm riding a 10 speed bicycle in first gear. I would sell them cheap.

That said, I'll never buy another set of split fins.

Call various dive shops in your area & see what you can rent so you can try them out for yourself, to figure out which you like the best..
I have the Tusa Zoom Z3's but I couldnt tell you which are the best as far as comfort & propulsion between your 6 options..

scuba pro twin jets have three pair. forget about the money and find the fin that works for u. u should be able to pick a pair up for around 200.00 dollers well worth the money one of the only things ive baught new!

Back
Top Bottom