newcomer to Albuquerque

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Froglady

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi I am moving to Albuquerque in a few weeks. Where are the favorite diving spots and which are your favorite diving shops?

Welcome to Albuqueruque!! For a desert town we have three dive shops. NM Scuba Center (I work there), Sandia Diving & Snorkel and the Scuba Company.

The local water location that most of the regional folks take there students to is Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, NM. About 110 miles East of ABQ. Perch Lake is there as well as the very deep Rock Lake on private property. BH has fairly stable water temps, 62 to 63 degrees year round, so bring your drysuit or 7mm for best results.

A group of us usually go over to Blue Hole on the third Sunday of each month to dive, work on skills and socialize. It's fun, please come join us!!

Hi. As Kevin (abqdiver) said, we try to go out to Blue Hole atleast once a month. We have a pretty good sized group of both male and female divers of all different experience levels. There is some info on Blue Hole here (as well as a place to download the permit form):
http://www.santarosanm.org/scubadiving.htm

I have used all 3 shops, but generally prefer the one that Kevin works at. They have some fantastic instructors, kevin included of course :)
Hope you will come dive with us!

I Love you Man!! :D :blinking: :mooner:

ABQdiver:
I Love you Man!! :D :blinking: :mooner:

Hey, I'm not that kind of dive buddy... HAHAHAHAHA

Bottom time? eewwwww

I'm the odd ball of the group. I'm from Texas.

Thanks for the information. bult my move has been cancelled for a few months. But i am leaving El Paso this morning and heading up to Albequerque today. Anyone have the addresses and/or dierctions to the dive centers?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom