Is there a best day to fly into Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CycleCat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We tried to go this year for our 25th anniversary and had a great flight worked out both ways. Five days later, one leg going down got cancelled and everything fell apart. I know starting from Albuquerque only adds to our challenge but everything has excessive layovers. Is there a particular day of the week where everything lines up better? We are trying again next year.

We found options ABQ_PHX_MIA_CUR
ABQ_DFW_MIA_CUR
ABQ_LAX_MIA_CUR

Here's a way to find flights...
Search for the CUR airport site and look at arrivals for the same day of the week you would like to land.
That should give you a fairly accurate list of departure cities and airlines. Might change somewhat for the day in the future that you will arrive - but it should be still a good represantation.

We have also found that when you need a connection flight to reach your final destination, that airlines like to give you their choice of flights. But if you search for your first and second flights separately you will see all of their available flights.

LOL (and yikes) - I love my non-stop direct flights... the only "issue" is our Sunday afternoon arrival can risk grocery shopping if something gets delayed.

Curacao is one of the few options for us that is a direct flight (out of Toronto).

Curacao is one of the few options for us that is a direct flight (out of Toronto).

You are lucky! If CUR is a direct flight for you, everything is probably a direct flight. I have at least one layover to get out of the US to anywhere and usually two.

At least I can drive to Mexico.

It is why Curacao has become our "go to" place. Five hours from wheels up to wheels down. Easy-peasy...

We just booked for June 13-20. Lion's Dive & Ocean Encounters. Come join us! We would love to meet you!

We'll see if the flight schedule holds together....

I'm lucky to finally be going in 2 weeks (been 3+ years)... likely all we can muster for 2024... still not in a good place...

Everyday is a good day to be in Curaçao. Flying sucks from the west coast with stops and never knowing if some part will be canceled.

I am originally from NM. It is has always been a challenge(sh!tshow) booking international flights from ABQ. I feel your pain! A few years ago, my sister joined us in Cozumel. She was actually able to secure better flight times and price going through Santa Fe than ABQ. Probably a fluke, but worth looking in to. At least there are plenty of flight into Curacao.

Back
Top Bottom