Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RABernsRogers

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey!
I'm Rachel. I just joined Scubaboard today. I don't really know how to do everything here or proper etiquette, but I just wanted to say "Hi". I started diving when I was 12 years old and have fallen in love. Although I have lived next to the biggest lakes in the world all my life (Lake Superior and Lake Michigan), ironically, I've never been. Wrecks can be cool, but I am more about warm water, bright corals and sea life.

I suffer from scuba withdrawal for most of the year, and then am spoiled for a week or so on vacation. My vacations typically end in the same mini-midlife crisis manner with me questioning why I'm wasting my life on land. :wink: My most recent dive trip was in March to Maldives. Now, Galapagos, Guadalupe and Raj Ampat have captured spots on my bucket list.

Can't wait to meet you, hear your stories and see pictures!
Rachel

P.S. I'm the one on the right in my profile picture. Also, does anyone know how to change the "Dive Travel Professional" section part of my profile/account. I'm not sure how I selected that and can't seem to find out how to change it.

howdy and welcome from south Florida......hover over your name in the blue above ...click on join user groups and take you name out of
Dive Travel Professional

There is also a glitch in the system where you it might say "join user group" for Dive Professional and would leave you to believe you are not in the group.

Join any other group that you would like to join, then go back to Dive Professional Group--join it, then un-join it and it should reset the title do whatever group you are still apart of.....at least that is what I needed to do to get out of "Divemaster Candidate"

Hello and welcome. This site has the annoying effect of making me wonder why o why am I at work...oh yeah it takes $ to dive...

Hi Rachel & welcome. I'm newbie to Scubaboard too, but have been diving for 11 years now.

Just want to mention that you should put Raja Ampat to the top of your bucket list. I've been there 5 times now (the last one was in May this year) & still want more. In fact, I'm setting up a 13-day liveaboard trip, crossing from Ambon to Sorong, passing through Banda sea & Raja Ampat for November next year (2017). My dive buddies & I will charter the whole boat for that trip.

Hi Rachel & welcome. I'm newbie to Scubaboard too, but have been diving for 11 years now.

Just want to mention that you should put Raja Ampat to the top of your bucket list. I've been there 5 times now (the last one was in May this year) & still want more. In fact, I'm setting up a 13-day liveaboard trip, crossing from Ambon to Sorong, passing through Banda sea & Raja Ampat for November next year (2017). My dive buddies & I will charter the whole boat for that trip.

Hi Dan,
Wow! That trip sounds amazing! Have a blast!

There is also a glitch in the system where you it might say "join user group" for Dive Professional and would leave you to believe you are not in the group.

Join any other group that you would like to join, then go back to Dive Professional Group--join it, then un-join it and it should reset the title do whatever group you are still apart of.....at least that is what I needed to do to get out of "Divemaster Candidate"

Thanks so much, I think I managed to fix it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom