Newbie vacation plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thanks for the good advices, guys. I was definitely leaning toward WPB, but it seems a lot of you guys think Key Largo is a better fit for a newbie like me. I'll definitely keep my eyes open on both now when I search for a good package deal.

Divnamite,
Hey you will have a Blast !
Do WPB and then do a road trip to Largo only a couple hr road trip" not at rush hour" !!!!, we do it each year see both worlds and you make the call!
I do think West Palm beach has some sweet- sweet reefs! as said before & wrecks too!
KeyLargo the most top part of the Keys is the Dive Meca of the World with many good opps,the problem is that time of year nice places to stay at aint cheap!!and the cheap ones well are cheap dumps!
If you rent off water around WPB you can find some all right prices & and this saves you money for some max dive $$$
Let the opp know you are new at this type of dive and get wet!You will learn and have fun!
Brad

I'm a total newbie, and I will be going to Marathon in mid January. I'll let you know how it is! I had several people tell me it was great for newbies there, and it is in an excellent location because it is in the middle of the Keys, so it isn't too terribly far if you want to hit Key West for an evening too.

Lisa0825:
I'm a total newbie, and I will be going to Marathon in mid January. I'll let you know how it is! I had several people tell me it was great for newbies there, and it is in an excellent location because it is in the middle of the Keys, so it isn't too terribly far if you want to hit Key West for an evening too.

Lisa dont forget to stop by Robbies and feed the Tarpon one day! Great stop after a day on the water! get a cold beer and feed some massive Tarpon!they come up and eat out of your hand.
www.robbies.com
Best two bucks $$ you can spend in the Keys! look out for the >white< "killer Pelican"
he got my 6 year old son good last month,
Dive safe
Brad

moneysavr:
Lisa dont forget to stop by Robbies and feed the Tarpon one day! Great stop after a day on the water! get a cold beer and feed some massive Tarpon!they come up and eat out of your hand.
www.robbies.com
Best two bucks $$ you can spend in the Keys! look out for the >white< "killer Pelican"
he got my 6 year old son good last month,
Dive safe
Brad

Will do! Thanks for the tip! I am saving all the suggestions people give me and I will bring them with me so I don't forget it all:)

Lisa0825:

Cool, Lisa, definitely post your trip report. I'm so looking for for it. :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom