Newbie on board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1982shawn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone, I have recently received my basic open water certification through SDI. It took me 6 years of looking for places in my area that offered a class that worked with my schedule. After all this time i finally got it done and it is exactly what i was hoping for, i fell in love with SCUBA. So much that the day i returned my equipment for the basic class i signed up for the advanced class as well as nitrox. I hope have my advanced certification by the end of sept. the dives will be at the end of the month.

I joined the forum in hopes of finding dive buddies that are both local, for training and regular upkeep, and distant for travel. Any ideas on how to find local dive buddies? I am very interested in improving my navigation skills especially in low vis waters. Also i am very curious about drysuits. The company i got certified with doesnt have one large enough for me(im 6'6"). So if i want to take the class i first have to purchase one and hoep i like drysuits.

So i warmly say hello to everyone and hope to gain tons of knowledge from everyone.

Hi there. Welcome to the addiction :banana: ScubaBoard is such a fantastic place to interact with other divers...you can gain a wealth of knowledge here! Best of luck in your scuba endeavors :D

Hi Shawn,welcome aboard.Try "SingleDivers.com"to find dive buddies.It's NOT a dating site,it IS a site for divers WITHOUT dive buddies.Good luck & DIVE,DIVE,DIVE!

First time on Scuba board! Hope I can figure this out!!! I am looking for some info about diving on Oahu in January. Water temp? What shop to use? We will be staying in Kapolei

First time on Scuba board! Hope I can figure this out!!! I am looking for some info about diving on Oahu in January. Water temp? What shop to use? We will be staying in Kapolei

Hi there sjscraft. You're in luck! There is an entire forum on Hawaii. Here is a link: Hawai'i Go and take a look around on it and if you don't find what you are looking for, post a question there. If you have any questions about how to use the board, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom