Newbie needs help on regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... I have heard the the Posiedon line breaths the driest in any orientation.

Pete[/QUOTE]

Hey Bubbles if you're still in the market I suggest you first decide what kind of diving you may find yourself in. If you are only going to dive in warm waters any of the aforementioned brands will serve you with nary a problem. However if you are considering deep, cold water diving then the list gets shorter. Although Poseidons(Xtream and Jetstream/Odin) are known for their cold/deep water performance these regs are not for everyone. Poseidons require a competent tech for servicing who is well acquainted with the brand, find one and Poseidons are hardly equalled in performance. I have dived with Scubapro, Atomics and IDI/XS Scuba and all of them were easy breathing regulators. The Atomics and the IDI/XS Scuba regs breathe dry even during inversion exercises.

That said, when I took my first breath from a Poseidon Jetstream I was hooked on the brand. Nothing I've tried before breathes as easy as a Poseidon reg. Currently one of my Poseidon seconds are mated to an Airtec first stage, this combination breathes even a little better than the Poseidon first but without a Magnehelic with which to test this combination this "feel" may be purely subjective.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom