newbie LP inflator hose routing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LUBOLD8431:
Good, we confused the GUE Instructor!!!

Ok, really, someone give Mike Kane a call and tell him to please come back on here, and clarify his statement, specifically the phrase that I quoted above... What is he referring to??? <tubing>

I was referring to the inner tubing that comes with the wing that is on the corrugated LP inflator hose..

This really isn't that complicated guys so let's not over think this issue, we use custom hose lengths, we route them along the corrugated hoses and we use inner tubing to properly secure the hose as snug to the corrugated hose as possible.

The real issue here is that way too many divers use the corrugated hose as the vehicle to dump, when it would be more efficient to use the rear dump.

Hope that clrifies any misunderstandings, if not let me know..

Later

So, for the record, there's inner tube on the shoulder strap to anchor the light (which I was talking about, and appeared to be mispositioned on UWSojourner's BC in question) and there's inner tube on the corrugated hose, which anchors the LP hose (which Mike was talking about).

But now that I go back and reread, *I'm* confused...

UWSojourner:
There should be a piece of inner-tube rubber higher up on the strap (if not, put one there). Put that piece close to the top of your shoulder strap and run the inflator through that. You'll be able to lift the inflator higher and dump more air, more conveniently.

UWSojourner:
Sorry. Didn't know a small piece of rubber inner-tube could sink DIR. (BTW I obtained the Eclipse AND the rubber inner-tube setup from an LDS that is DIR. The piece was on the Eclipse when it was PURCHASED.)

So the first quote you're talking about the innertube on the strap and the next quote you're talking about innertube on the [Eclipse] wing.

Just where is this piece of innertube that you're using to anchor the inflator?

Roak

Roakey: "Just where is this piece of innertube that you're using to anchor the inflator?"

Sorry for the confusion. The Eclipse came with the inner-tube pieces you guys are describing on the straps. The inflator also has the tube pieces to hold the LP hose which were fine (nothing on the wing).

The difference (and the way the LDS set us up and had us dive the unit) was that 1 of the 2 inner-tube pieces on the left strap was being used to tie the inflator to the strap toward the top of the left shoulder (above the D-ring). That was where I had gone wrong. I'll give the bungee a try.

Jp, I got my Pioneer from Adventure Bound. No bungee cord on it. Am waiting for my Eclipse which should be here in 2 weeks or so and will trade the Pioneer in. No problem, I'll install a bungee on it this weekend.
Hory

lamont:
This might clarify:

http://www.wkpp.org/images/pina_equip/backup_reg.jpg
http://www.wkpp.org/images/pina_equip/inflator_config.jpg

I think mine is setup exactly that way, and I think that's what MHK has been trying to describe.

Thanks for the help MHK, et al. I'll ask my instructor about the back dump next time (he's actually mentioned it, but we've been focusing on the drysuit)...

Just to clarify, Lamont. Is your pressure guage secured to the inflator? Didn't see it in the picture that way, but I thought that was what the inner-tube pieces on the inflator were for.

oops ... never mind. I misunderstood. Thought earlier that the pressure guage was somehow tied into the inflator hose. You guys are just talking about the LP inflator hose ... makes sense now.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom