Newbie in South Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubator

New
Reaction score
Just dropping a couple of lines to introduce myself. First I have to say that I always had wanted to try scuba but never realized all the thinks that need to be taking into consideration. I just got my OPW certification, I kind of gave into pier pressure by 3 family members that were going to take the course (and I mean giving in because I was trying to save money for my baby girl on the way that should be born any day now). They coned my because they said that we would receive al these free stuff and they did not tell me how expensive the equipment would be. Well they pressure me again into buying the equipment (they didn't need to pressure that much). Now I have the equipment and the weather has not been in our favor, so far the only dives I have done were the 4 for certification. I found this forum because I had nose bleeds on my dives and I was trying to find some answers or help and to make sure was not putting my self in danger. From what I have found it sound like I could be having problems equalizing and I have read and seeing some techniques and I am just trying to go diving so I can test them. If all goes well in next dives I make I would have to say this could be one of the best investment I have made. I love nature and just snorkling gets me going I can't image how it would be once I get confortable deep down to really relax and enjoy the surrounding.

P.S. I got to see a 10ft Ray the 3 dive and that was enough to get me hooked.

Welcome Scubator to SB!
I hope you get your problems worked out and can focus on diving.
Good luck on your future dives and congrats on the baby girl!

Welcome to SB, you might want to post in the Diving medicine forum, however, nosebleeds can be quite common as it is just your sinuses "clearing" themselves under the pressure.

Having said that I am in no way medically qualified and if in any doubt find your Doctor !

Hope you enjoy your stay here !

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Where bouts are you in South Florida? click on over to the Florida Conch Divers Club. There you will find more info on diving in Florida and lots of dives being planned. All are welcome to join us!

welcome aboard!

like jenny said, check out the Florida Conch Divers forum. we're always up to
something (and it ain't always good).

:wink:

we're always up to something (and it ain't always good).
speaking for yourself, right?:wink:

It only takes one thing to get us coming back to dive and for me that was spear fishing. I dove for 14 years before I truly loved to do it, now I can't dive enough. In fact I have logged more dives in the last year then I did the previous 14. :)

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new addition to your family!

biggsy

Howdy there! :sunny

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don
:D

And a hardy WELCOME to the Boards. Tell us the whereabouts of your domicile. Like stated above visit the Florida Conch Divers Section often, Usually something going on most any weekend. Rule of thumb is, if someone post that they are diving somewhere everyone's invited and your sure to have a dive buddy. :jump013:

Wildbill:cop_2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom