Newbie in Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

allenke

Reaction score
Here we go! First pool session tonight for this newbie! Now, if I can only figure out how to put this swim suit on! Yep, I am in trouble now!!!!

Ken

Howdy Ken!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd fill out your Profile?!

:D

Welcome to the board from Canada.

Your gonna love this sport! :07:

allenke:
Here we go! First pool session tonight for this newbie! Now, if I can only figure out how to put this swim suit on! Yep, I am in trouble now!!!!

Ken

Like your pants: one leg at time and if you fall down, make up an excuse.

Paco:
Like your pants: one leg at time and if you fall down, make up an excuse.

OK, I will have to remember that - make up an excuse!!

Wow, had a really fun time last night in the pool. I had missed my first pool session ( gone on vacation), so made it up. The really neat part was that I had my own personal instructor - so was able to proceed further than most with the first session. I loved it! Can't wait to do it for real in warm waters chasing those little fishies.

Ken

Welcome! I got started in Alaska in 1995. I remember driving in a truck to the dive site in December while it was snowing and thinking - I must be insane for doing this. I love it! I got my husband into diving too. He loved the warm water diving and tried the cold water. Needless to say, I dive with other friends here, but at least he tried it... For your first vacation, pick a nice warm delightful area - Hawaii is great for that.
have fun!

Hi, Ken.
I'm in Oregon too - Medford, in fact. This is my first post to Scuba Board so I'm a board newbie, I guess. Learned to dive almost two years ago, and have over sixteen hours bottom time - more than half my dives have been in cold water (coldest was a lake dive in Feb: 39 degrees F at 100 feet and absolutely black from 40 feet down). I bought a drysuit soon after my checkout dives, and it really reduces the fatigue after a day of diving.
Are you on the coast? I've been promised some boat diving over there by an operator I know, but have yet to collect on that.
Best regards,
Bryan

eponym:
Hi, Ken.
I'm in Oregon too - Medford, in fact. This is my first post to Scuba Board so I'm a board newbie, I guess. Learned to dive almost two years ago, and have over sixteen hours bottom time - more than half my dives have been in cold water (coldest was a lake dive in Feb: 39 degrees F at 100 feet and absolutely black from 40 feet down). I bought a drysuit soon after my checkout dives, and it really reduces the fatigue after a day of diving.
Are you on the coast? I've been promised some boat diving over there by an operator I know, but have yet to collect on that.
Best regards,
Bryan

Thanks everyone for the welcome greetings.

No Bryan, I am not on the coast. I live east of Portland and south of the town of Sandy.

Ken

Here's one observation to cheer you during checkout dives: If you learn to dive in Oregon, you can dive anywhere in the world. Between the cold water, the poor viz, the weather, and the coast surges and bars, I've been told more than once that Oregon divers' capacity to handle stresses is above-average.
Good luck!

Hi buddy! Welcome to SB. Looking forward to learning and sharing your expriences for us newbies. Hope to bump into you soon.
Dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom