Newbie in AR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobafett21 once bubbled...
Yes, that is where I completed my Open Water certification in 2002. I plan to complete AOW in June of this year.

Prior to my diving life, I hated the water; wouldn't go swimming in a lake for any price. During weekend trips to the lake with friends, I would stay on the boat and either drive or watch everyone else ski and swim.

My wife bought me a scuba lesson from Rick's Dive & Travel for Christmas, 2001 and the rest is a blur. She is astounded that my fear of the water, and specifically lakes, is gone. To be honest, so am I.

My best friend tried for over 2 years to get me to do Scuba. I told there was just no way, I liked to swim some, but I'm not very good at it, and what could be so wonderful about a lake anyway, much less diving period. Oh yeah it looks cool, but please, like we make enough many to talk a "saltwater trip" each year. Well, finally he got us to go to the lake and...well the rest is just plain history. I'm hooked!! Hopefully we can catch up at Quachita sometime this summer and we can all go diving together. I'm planning on shooting for my AOW towards the end of the season (gotta replenish my funds from the first class and all this equipment :wink:).

And thanks for the welcome Ari!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom