Newbie in AR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats great! Your the only other one I've seen on the board since joining. Are we just few in number or are we being shot on site?

Just few in number as far as I can tell. Nobody has taken a stroke at me yet. There's a joke here, it will just take a little while around the boards to figure it out.

Ok, I'm good for a kick in the seat every now and then. So where do you do most of your diving? Ever make it to Lake Quachita much?

We have a dive boat at Rocky branch maybe we can get together.

I'm planning a dive through sheep cave in the spring if your up for it.

Hallmac

As long as its after the first week in May (not certifiable, er, I mean certified till then) I would probably be interested, if not, maybe we can work out something to get a crew from up your way together with one from down here and make a Sat. Sun. weekend out of it sometime.

Yeah, I can think of a couple of people from this state that had to have been diver's at least once upon a time...I think they still suffer from a perminant case of narcosis :wink:. No names to be mentioned of course :confused:

nice to meet you bobafett! Hopefully we'll run into each other at the lake sometime this year. Go to Qauchita much?

Yes, that is where I completed my Open Water certification in 2002. I plan to complete AOW in June of this year.

Prior to my diving life, I hated the water; wouldn't go swimming in a lake for any price. During weekend trips to the lake with friends, I would stay on the boat and either drive or watch everyone else ski and swim.

My wife bought me a scuba lesson from Rick's Dive & Travel for Christmas, 2001 and the rest is a blur. She is astounded that my fear of the water, and specifically lakes, is gone. To be honest, so am I.

Back
Top Bottom