newbie has vacation, wanna dive, whats goin on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi there:
I finally got my act together (and a my mum-she'll be snorkling) and we are off to Lauderdale-by-the sea on May 1-May 6. I have purchased some basic equipment but will need tanks and weightbelt and lotsa help. Only my 12th dive and i am rusty to boot!! Can you suggest any boats with a crew that can help me out? or how to get some easy safe dives, nothing too challenging but fun and good sites. I am getting excited..the water here in NC is toooo cold
Thanks an dlooking forward to any input
Jude

marmitesoldier:
Hi there:
Can you suggest any boats with a crew that can help me out? or how to get some easy safe dives, nothing too challenging but fun and good sites. Jude

My LDS takes students to South Florida Diving HQ in Pompano. Look for trips to the Nursery and Copenhagen. These are excellent beginner dives and ideal for snorkelers. The max depth I've recorded in my log is 20'.

The Nursery is where they used to have the Nurse Shark feedings before they banned shark feedings. I usually see one or two every time I go. The picture I use for my avatar was taken at the Nursery. Beautiful reef.

The Copenhagen is a natural wreck that was used for traget practice. It's scattered all over the reef. The anchor is still there. It's a fun dive.

Al

This the way I hear it. From Lauderdale-By-The-Sea go East about 100 yards then go down about 20'.. there you are! Good diving.

there's shore diving in Ft. Lauderdale... maybe one of the locals will come
along and give you good spots. basically, find a beach, swim out to the reef,
and have fun, like OE said

marmitesoldier:
Hi there:
I finally got my act together (and a my mum-she'll be snorkling) and we are off to Lauderdale-by-the sea on May 1-May 6. I have purchased some basic equipment but will need tanks and weightbelt and lotsa help. Only my 12th dive and i am rusty to boot!! Can you suggest any boats with a crew that can help me out? or how to get some easy safe dives, nothing too challenging but fun and good sites. I am getting excited..the water here in NC is toooo cold
Thanks an dlooking forward to any input
Jude

If you want to do some beach diving, just let me know- I happen to live in LBTS. For boats, I'd suggest American Dream II (my favorite), Diversity with Captain Tony- 561-368-9952, or Parrot Island. For a more complete list of dive boats, we have a sticky: Dive Boats Thread that has a list of dive boats in the area.

As for dive shops, there is one right in LBTS on Ocean Drive but I always go to Scuba School for fills & whatever- it's less than a mile down the road & they are great people there.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom