Newbie, got a question, surprised?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, just took up diving, used to take quite a few above ground pics. So, bought the basic, inexpensive reefmaster rc with external strobe. How far should I expect to be able to take pictures in the waters of Cozumel? Also, what about the extra macro lenses (i think they're macro). Would they be worth picking up? I'll likely be taking pics of the basic stuff now: coral, fish, other divers, nothing too dramatic yet. I may just need the basic set up for now. Please let me know your thoughts. Also, should i get the plastic shield for the strobe or just leave it off for now? Thanks in advance for the help. I appreciate it!
Also, I've got an older Pentax Super Program camera that I bought new in 1987. Its in impecable shape. Would I be able to find a housing for this camera if I desired? If so, would it be a good choice for an underwater SLR if I want to use it in the future? Thanks again, GT

Back
Top Bottom