Newbie going to Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board!
Sorry, can't help ya.

Joe

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Howdy and welcome to SB!

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Replies without reading the Stickies for each forum. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Welcome! Just returned and SeaSport divers did a very nice job. Bubbles Below was in complete disarray. Sheraton caverns is not to be missed.

Dave

Sorry to hear Bubbles Below was in disarray. I really loved diving with them in 2k3.

if you have limited dive experience i would go with Mana divers.
keep in mind, MOST dive boats don't offer a beginers dive in the AM (best time) when you call, ask! (most are "advanced" in AM, then run a PM boat for beginers) Mana does offer an AM beginers dive. we went last oct. freshly certified and they took good care of us. they don't have the biggest operation, but they do a good job of taking care of clients. they will also take the boat out with 2 passengers! (if boat is not full, they go out anyway!)
small boat+less passengers+ good service+good people= good diving!!
we checked when there, and prices for all dive operations are about the same (about$130 for a two dive boat trip, all gear included , less with your own gear)
you can also request 100 cubic foot tanks if you're an airhog (like me!) for no extra charge, but need to ask when you book the trip, they don't have them on boat all the time.
also- i don't recommend the shore dive , it's not that much less $, and you see so much more off the boat. it was a good dive w/ easy access, but it didn't compare to the boat dive!
if you choose Mana , tell Captain Mike " Jon and Amy said hi!!!"
good luck, have fun, pm with any ?'s
-me

Teamcasa:
Welcome! Just returned and SeaSport divers did a very nice job. Bubbles Below was in complete disarray. Sheraton caverns is not to be missed.

Dave

I second the recommendation for SeaSport. Fathom Five was charging outrageous prices for tank rentals so we didn't even ask about diving with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom