Newbie from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo:
Hi ScubaTexan! Thanks for the welcome, and especially for the diving invites- I'm impressed that you're okay to take on a newbie!

Not a problem...we were ALL newbies at one time!

Wow, I'm really overwhelmed by all the nice folks here. I checked out the Swamp Diver's site (wish I had more time today!), will go back there asap.

ScubaTexan, you asked about my teaching- I'm a 4th & 5th grade Math teacher- the dive tables were hell for me, but I'm very good at counting out my air pressure with my hands. :eek:) (...is she kidding?)

Hope everyone has a great & safe New Year's holiday. Look forward to reading more posts soon! Thanks again,
Foo

If you have a difficult time being understanding with divers that are having a problem for one reason or another I hope you do not intend on becoming a Dive Instructor.

DandyDon:
And welcome to Scuba Board :happywave a great place to chat, learn, compare, argue, etc.

Got a kick out of your personal story; thanks so much for sharing it with us. Moving from snorkel & free diving to Scuba was too easy for me - that I have a difficult time being understanding when people have difficulities. I tend to think: "It's only water?! Just don't drown!!" I may may have to forward your story to friends from time to time.

For best results, put us in Favorites of your :crush: computer, and check in often. Hope to learn from you...

don

nauifins73:
If you have a difficult time being understanding with divers that are having a problem for one reason or another I hope you do not intend on becoming a Dive Instructor.

Duh! No, I leave that to the peope with the right attitude, but - :eek:fftopic: where did that come from?! I've had to put up with your stuff before, haven't I? :boxing_sm

Sorry, Foo - we're usually nice to each other around here, and all. This is not common. Mostly I admire the way you stuck with it when things didn't come easily. Way to go, girl!

don

I dont see DD saying anything out of line here so dont lose your cool :losecool: over the little things. PM each other and make -up somehow :57:. We dont want Foo to think that we are Foo- lish do we.

Mike

Foo,

Welcome to the boards and I hope you will be able to join teh swamp divers on a dive sometime. I dive Terrell and Athens kinda regularly and I know of a group that dives Lake Tyler regularly.

Best Wishes,

TwoBit

Hi TwoBit... Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully I'll get to meet you soon at Terrell or Athens. I'm wondering if you might mean Tyler State Park instead of Lake Tyler? I've heard that there is decent diving at TSP and it would be easy to get the two confused. I've swam at Lake Tyler many times, and I would be surprised if many people go there to dive. Of course I could be wrong- I think I was, once...
:eek:)
Foo

Welcome Foo, I just joined too and recently got dive certified. I also had a significant amount of trouble on my first skills dive due to a faulty mask and difficulty equalizing, (all done in open water) but persevered. So I know how you felt when you realized that you had finally done it. Sheer joy.

Good luck with the rest of your skills and happy anniversary.

DG

Foo:
Hi TwoBit... I'm wondering if you might mean Tyler State Park instead of Lake Tyler? I've heard that there is decent diving at TSP and it would be easy to get the two confused.
Foo

Yes, you're right Tyler State Park, not lake Tyler. I wasn't aware there was a difference.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
Yes, you're right Tyler State Park, not lake Tyler. I wasn't aware there was a difference.

TwoBit

Both named for the same president...

"The townsite, located near the geographic center of the county, was selected by a panel of commissioners appointed by the legislature and was named for President John Tyler in recognition of his support for admitting Texas to the United States."

Back
Top Bottom