Newbie diver buying package for Northern waters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tacky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi! I'd love your remarks and comments before buying this package. I'm gonna try it in the water with a buddy on tuesday, so if you have comments about what to watch out for, it would be very helpful.

Some of the equipment I have tested, other things I never tried so far (will specify).

As of myself, I'm a OW diver, soon taking my AOW divers license, quite unexperinced with 16 logged dives so far (6 in Sinai, the Red Sea, the others in Oslo, Norway). All during this summer.

This is for diving in Norway and similar conditions. I will buy all from my local dive shop, they trade mostly in Aqua Lung. I already have a Suunto Vyper computer which I barely can use, but I'm happy with it and of course my ABC equimpment (split fins).

I use quite a lot of air, although usage reduced somewhat the last two dives (but still high).

I'm not allowed to post URLs, so, google it...

Regulator: Aqualung Titan LX Supreme ACD
Aqualung XLC
BC: Aqualung Black Diamond
(NEVER TESTED THIS BEFORE)
Dry suit: Aqualung Northland (dived with similar model ten times).
2x7 l 300 bar cylinder.

And of course all standard equipment like weights, a good knife, flashlight, gloves, a bag, etc.

Input please. This is of course quite expensive, but I wanna have good equipment from the get go.

I'll also consider buying a Zuma Travel BC and the flight regulator + octopus for my future Egypt travels.

It's all "tried and true" bullet proof gear.

But why buy extra gear for travel? I travel with two sets of AquaLung legends (essentially same as Titan size/weight-wise) with no problem. Apeks flight isn't less bulky or lighter enough to warrant buying a second, dedicated rig for travel.

The Black Diamond is a bit bulky...

aqualung09_black_diamond.jpg

Consider looking at the Aqua Lung Balance. It's a bit more compact and easier to pack, while still being a great all-around BC...

balance.jpg

Thanks. But the Black Diamond is a good one, right? I don't think the dive shop where I'm buying has the balance model in store. Will check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom