newbie adventures and misadventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, thanks! French braiding and the neoprene strap helps a lot, but it's still a fiasco out of the water. I saw a neoprene hair sheath marketed for women divers on a website, but I can't find it for sale anywhere.

Some swim caps have extra space at the crown for the bun, typically used with split-strap goggles but might work with a mask strap too. Might be worth a try, lycra ones can stretch quite a bit (fit more hair) plus they won't make your scalp sweat and itch like latex & silicone can.

Terrific post. I learn far more from the dives that don't go right than from the ones that are uneventful. So I learn a lot. Quite a lot. Holy cow, I think I need to stop having so many "eventful" dives.....

Welcome to diving!

My mask has a rubber strap and I prefer it for the way that I use it. I put my hair in a pony tail, put on a spandex cap, and then place the pony tail in the "o" in the back of my mask strap. Everything stays in place nicely.

Congrats and thanks for posting. We learn something new with every dive - and it really is so easy to get distracted by the cool stuff we're down there to see. I lost my dive buddy a few times when we first started diving too (usually as I tried to chase down sharks!). Enjoy!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom