Newbe Lift question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blind

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there.

Im asking this in the NZ forum rather than in the gear forum as id rather hear the thoughts of fellow NZ divers.

My question is: Is 35lb of lift enough for diving in NZ? Im looking at getting my first BCD, a Zeagle brigade, and am just wondering how a BCD like that would handle in cold water. I don’t dive much under 30m, single steel tank, and never really carry much extra gear. I normally dive a two-piece 7mm.

Any idea or guesses would be greatly appreciated as im struggling.

Cheers

yes, that should be plenty for a single steel tank (i don't know if you can even adjust the Zeagle to do doubles)

if you want a bit more lift at the end of your dive, try aluminum

Thanks, Im planing on getting that one as it seems small and will pack well on a trip somewhere warmer. Just wanted to check that it wouldnt be too little buoyancy after the suit has compressed at 30m ect in cold NZ waters round the sounds ect.

Nah, 35 lbs of lift is fine. I used to dive a 30lb wing with a steel tank and all the weight required for a noob in a drysuit (me). 35lbs is sufficient.

I can't answer part 2, about how the Brigade handles in cold water, tho. Sorry.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom