New Zen Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bs63366

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well I just got stationed in Japan with the Navy and wanting to keep diving while in Yokosuka. I have heard a lot about Izu penn. but I need to get certified for a dry suit first to be able to do almost anything. Any sugestions on dive shops and all would be awesome.

Hi and welcome to Japan !

Izu diving is great! and yep, we're moving into drysuit season. Any one of the three big gaijin groups should be able to sort you out. All three are active here in the zen divers group, or check out their websites
Japan Underwater Explorers, JUE
Discovery Divers Tokyo, DDT
MarScuba

Looking forward to seeing you out at the dive points!

Can anyone recommend a good dive shop in the Yokosuka area? I can go out to Tokyo no problem, just the closer the better. Preferably one that speaks english.

The closest English speaking dive op to you would be Discovery Divers Tokyo since Jim is out there in the Sagamihara area. However, I am not if he has any rental drysuits. Give him a shout.

Now here's my plug. Mar Scuba is a stocking dealer for Diving Concepts and we carry drysuits from M to 2XL sizes for training and rental. We will also have a Drysuit course next month in December, probably the weekend of December 6 and/or 7 which would be conducted in Izu Ocean Park on the East Coast of the Izu Peninsula. If you are interested, send me an e-mail or PM (e-mail preferred).

What is your height/weight/shoe size?

Thanks,

Now that the year is finally slowing down, I can become a cyber-diver again.

I'm not sure if you've discovered it yet, but Yokosuka has a rather active diving group, I think they call it the bubble club. They have their own tanks and compressor and dive locally. Many of them dive dry as well. It might be a good bet to seek them out...there are some members here from that group as well...Bill ?

Well I just got stationed in Japan with the Navy and wanting to keep diving while in Yokosuka. I have heard a lot about Izu penn. but I need to get certified for a dry suit first to be able to do almost anything. Any sugestions on dive shops and all would be awesome.

Interesting that most of the people here know there is a dive club on the Yokosuka Navy base and didn't mention it (except for you Jim, thanks!). We dive pretty much every weekend locally and make at least a couple of trips a year to Izu. PM me and I'll fill you in on the details.

Welcome to Japan and Zen Divers!

I haven't been up to Izu yet, so I hope you take some great photos once you get a hang of the dry suit.

Down where I am, I've never seen a dry suit!!!!!!!!!! :lotsalove:

Back
Top Bottom