New York Bombings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...nothing to add, but to shake my head that this horrific catastrophe could and did happen - utter, complete loss. My tears and heart go out to those lost and those of us who are still here.
Terry

This is truly sad. It is also a time for outrage! The pictures shown on tv where people in the middle east are having a party and celebrating made me furious. Those people are every bit as responsible as the ones in the planes. All who are involved or are happy about this need to be eliminated!

I can only repeat much of whats already been said.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the familys and friends of those who were hurt or killed.
May those who are gone have a speedy trip to the Creator.

One of the guys at work suggested telling the nations that are known to harbor terrorists, "You give them up, or we start on you!"

Drastic action needs to be taken.

Tavi

PS. What a beautiful sky today. I think this is the first time in my life I've seen it without a Plane or a Jet trail.

September 11, 2001

Another day in US History that will go down as a day of infamy.

My heart and prayers go out especially to the victims and their families of these cowardly acts. But I also offer my prayers to everyone throughout our country and around the world that will be impacted by these acts.

I would also like to give a big thank you to all the people back on the East Coast that are involved in the rescue and recovery. You are HEROES and will not be forgotten.

God Bless America.

A few minutes ago, I saw a blood request for o-type blood that would be sent to the US as soon as it can get cleared for landing, same goes for the rescue teams.

A national mourning day (I don't know the english correct word) is declared for tomorrow and all flags will be lowered to half mast.

Feelings here are really bad, as the US has always was our greatest friend.

-Eldad

I have been trying all day to catalog my feelings about this tragedy. I've heard comparisons to Pearl Harbor, but the impact of this strike is almost beyond comprehension. Using our own domestic transportation packed with civilians to destroy the lives & well being of other civilians is so wrong I can hardly get my mind around it. I was going to go diving tonight, but I think that I will give blood instead. That's the only thing I can think of that I can do to help.

-kate

I am still in shock! I am for full and total annihilation of these bastards. Shoot first, and let God sort them out. It was my Dad's motto, and I for once, agree with him! :fire:

...........OD 's words. My condolances and prayers to all the those families involved.

Netdoc.............We must have had the same father. Mine used to say the same...........And I, like you finally and sadly agree............

Tim Butcher AKA Butch;-0 :peace: be with you all.

I've become good friends with two of our members from NY (ScubaWidow & Scubaman40) Scuba Widow is a NYC police officer, needless to say I was beside myself until I found out both were A-OK. To the surprise of my staff at work I actually started crying in relief! In fact they were the ones to tell me to go home.

I work in Ottawa (the capital of Canada for those who don't know), and most of the government buildings were put on high alert. Most of us were allowed to go home early. Good thing, I was to say a space cadet.

My prayers go out to those we've lost, and to those those who have lost.

DivingGal,

Thanks for the update on ScubaWidow and Scubaman40. I am very relieved to know they are alive and well. I hope that all our other New York City residents are also still with us.

From my own inquiries into the state of the relief effort, the 2 most important things we can all do right now are to give blood (especially type O) and to provide financial donations to the Red Cross. These are the folks that are best trained to coordinate this type of relief effort and they know how to best utilize these funds to effectively benefit the most people.

Good luck to you all and may God bless you and keep you safe.

Back
Top Bottom