New York Bombings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good thinking Dee, I will have to donate after work. Course would normal people want the blood of a scuba diver?

I am sure the need will be great for blood so I second dee's motion!

Been watching from North of the 49th. I'm pretty sure that I can speak for all Canadians, and express our concern, shock, horror, and disdain.

My and my family's thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, and all of the courageous emergency workers.

I hope that there will no be any missing posters from this board.

God Keep and God Bless

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who has family and friends involved in these terrible incidents today.

I am in complete shock. I can't imagine the World Trade center gone.
Being in the travel industry, it's completely crazy today with the flights being cancelled.
However, I think they saved many more lives by doing this.
At this point I'm very worried about all the friends I have there. We've had a hard time calling anyone out of our area code here in Chicago.
What a big mess. We've been crying and in shock all morning.
We're all praying for those involved.

Until 10 months ago, I worked 4 blocks from the World Trade Towers. I'm still trying to track down my friends and co-workers, but the one who I did hear from sent me an email that said, in part: "I was coming out of the subway, and i heard this explosion. S*** started falling out of the sky, and people were running like hell." I'm just thankful that he got home all right to tell the tale.

My thoughts are with everyone in New York and with the families of the people on those airplanes. This is imply incomprehensible.

Julie

about the first crash which was speculated to be a small personal aircraft at the time. I saw the live footage of an aircraft coming across the screen from the right. I thought to myself that plane didn't make it to the other side visually when the studios swiched to another reporter. I "knew" that plane had hit the building. The news came back in seconds and sure enough that was the second crash. Certainly a sad and tragic day prayers to all involved.

I don't see how this can be considered as anything but an act of war. My personal opinion is the US should use the full strength of the military to punish whatever group is found to be responsible. I don't agree with a statement on the news that we need to be careful to formulate a response that is palatable to the rest of the world. One of the problems the US has in these situations is comprehending the ruthlessness which is needed to respond properly. Sometimes you just have to fight fire with fire and feel no remorse about it.

A friend of mine called about an hour ago and told me to watch TV.

I was shocked!
I am sure everybody here, in Israel feels the same.

I have a lot of friends, also family in the US, and in New York. My father's company has an office in the World Trade Center, It just frightens me to think about the people working there, hoping they are alive.

I just heard in the news that a few airplanes with medical equipment and specialized rescue teams are ready to set for the US as soon as they can. I hope that as many people as possible will be saved.

Just to shocked to say anything more.

Eldad.

I am so sorry for all of the people lost and their families. Even though I live in the Seattle area, I feel vulnerable as a US citizen, or as a citizen of the world for that matter. This was such a well-planned scheme. Perhaps access to so much information is not always a good thing.

You can be sure that the US military is on the case. In my mind's eye (a vision, if you will), I saw all Navy vessels leaving port and taking up patrol from around the globe. My brother's friend is on a carrier and emailed that all communication (except secure military)is being shut down from the ship and he will hear from him when he hears from him. All civilians are being off-loaded. I know this is not a surprise to anyone. But it is just too real.

So, be safe, my new friends. And tell those you love that you love them.

Sorry if this has already been stated. I didn't read all the posts

BLOOD DONATIONS ARE NEEDED NATION WIDE: ESPECIALLY RARE TYPE O

Even if you are in California Blood is needed. NY and Washinton D.C.'s resources are already badly depleted.

The site is slow today but go to http://www.redcross.org or CALL 1-800-HELP-NOWfor more information on what you can do to help

I HATE giving blood and I did it so go help out guy/gals

over here in the UK.

I got teary eyes just watching all the filming done.

My heart goes out to everyone who is nearby, has family or friends involved, or anyone in the US as I know it can't be easy for anyone watching something like that.

I am soo sorry that something so horrid and heartless has to happen, especially so close to people I know and care about from this board. I hope everyone is ok.

Again, I just want to say my heart goes out to you all and I am pleased that the people already posted are safe and well.

All my love and best wishes at a time of need
-x-abby-x-

Back
Top Bottom