New Years Day - Hangover?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
It is said that a DIR diver embraces the entire holistic system, not discarding any single aspect of the whole.

If this is true, then, if you are hung over today, you are not DIR. :wink:

Possible further training: LINK :wink:

...limited or nonexistent alcohol consumption...

*NOTE: Winks added for attitude clarification.

Rick Inman:
It is said that a DIR diver embraces the entire holistic system, not discarding any single aspect of the whole.

If this is true, then, if you are hung over today, you are not DIR.

Possible further training: LINK

Troll, joke, or serious?

nadwidny:
Troll, joke, or serious?
DIR material does say what it says about this.

More of a serious question, really (OK, yes, the first link was a joke :wink: )

But seriously, DIR divers drinking is "limited or nonexistent". This day might be a good day for a reality check.

Well, I won't say my alcohol consumption last night was nonexistent, but the fact that I was up at 6:30 addressing the wreckage of a dinner party for 13 that ended at 1:30 in the morning suggests it was, in fact, limited :)

I had sparkling cider.

Roak

Rick Inman:
But seriously, DIR divers drinking is "limited or nonexistent". This day might be a good day for a reality check.
I'm not sure I like where this thread is going.

jonnythan:
I'm not sure I like where this thread is going.
Why?

This subject is well within the DIR training material. Physical Fitness. A lot of people start looking at their fitness, weight, food choices, exercise and alcohol consumption around New Years.

I myself am beginning (re-beginning?) an exercise workout program to become a better, safer diver.

>>>

Rick Inman:
Why?

This subject is well within the DIR training material. Physical Fitness. A lot of people start looking at their fitness, weight, food choices, exercise and alcohol consumption around New Years.

I myself am beginning (re-beginning?) an exercise workout program to become a better, safer diver.

>>>
Well, to be honest, it feels like you're trolling. Trying to provoke a reaction by basically accusing anyone who had a few drinks last night of not being DIR.

Limited consumption of alcohol is an important part of keeping yourself physically fit. Getting drunk once or twice a year does not preclude one from keeping oneself in top physical condition. Hell, Bode Miller probably consumes more alcohol than anyone on SB and he's an Olympic athlete :wink:

jonnythan:
Well, to be honest, it feels like you're trolling. Trying to provoke a reaction by basically accusing anyone who had a few drinks last night of not being DIR.
Yeah, I guess my original post does sound rather troll-ish. Guess I was being kind of tongue-in-cheek to start a discussion about a serious issue. Health (especially alcohol consumption) and DIR.

Again, it says what it says:

"They not only place themselves at risk but also other team members who may be called upon to help them in a crisis situation. Fitness includes cardiovascular health, strength, flexibility, nutrition, abstinence from drug use, limited or nonexistent alcohol consumption and avoidance of smoking. "
jonnythan:
Getting drunk once or twice a year does not preclude one from keeping oneself in top physical condition.
How many times per year can one get drunk and still be DIR?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom