New Years Day dive ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackie-O

Reaction score
Hi All just a little thought......has anyone here done winter diving in the Atlantic ? wondering how it is after seeing some posts about New Year's Day with some other clubs. I have a drysuit that I've only used a couple of times in Sept and Oct. Let me know if anyone has something going. I don't know much about local diving sites. I live on Lake Winnepasaukee. The local dive shop does some under the ice diving. Too claustrophobic for me. Interested in ideas.thanks pic is in November in Aruba. I miss the warmth.

I will be heading up to Cape Ann on New Years Day for a dip with some members of my club http://www.townisp.com/~stat12/. We did Back Beach last 1-1 and had great vis and temps in the low 30's. If you look at the picture called "Scott's first bug of 2002", it was on that dive. We are planning on meeting at CAD at 10 A.M. and going out for lunch afterwards.

Scott

Too many people plan on having a really great New Years Eve so now we are going to meet at 1:30 P.M. with some food afterwards.

decapoddiver once bubbled...
Too many people plan on having a really great New Years Eve so now we are going to meet at 1:30 P.M. with some food afterwards.

Now we're talking a little more my speed! [Not saying I'll be there, but the chance moved from 0% to 1% :)]

well.............all you party animals are gonna miss out. I think we will stay closer to home, though. Plan is to go down the Paugus Bay channel on Lake Winnepasaukee and explore under docks, etc. looking for treasures dropped in the lake by boaters. This is a very busy area in the summer. Someone said they lost a Rolex there. Another his wallet. Should be interesting. Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year !!! God bless.

Spectre once bubbled...

[Not saying I'll be there, but the chance moved from 0% to 1% :)]

Unfortunately that's the 1% of your body that wouldn't be numb:D I'm still not sure if I would do it wet. I'm a drysuit lover:)

yep......drysuits the only way to go for this time of year. Besides, I have to some way justify spending all that money on it. :bonk: I was trying to find a decent airfare to florida.......but no;-0 dreaming of the warm water.........looking out the window........back to reality Happy Diving and Happy New Year !! If anyone cares to join us send me a PM for my phone number. Jackie

3 to 5 people right now. We will meet at Weirs Beach. Time not set yet, but thinking late morning. We will do a shore entry there and then the current will take us into the channel. It will slow down when we reach Thurston Marina. All the marinas are closed now. Our local dive shop owner says the water is clearer in the winter. It is not all deep, depth varies from about 5 ft. to 45 ft. so some parts might mix in a little snorkeling. Just an easy dive. Paugus Bay is large, but there's not much to see after the channel. It is not the most exciting dive, but we just wanted to do one on New Years and this was the closest.

Sorry, my bad..I thought this was a Cape Ann dive. I really need to start paying attention

Back
Top Bottom