new year polar dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well hello all! It's almost the first of the year and a new season is right around the corner. So is any body going out for a polar dive ta start the new year off right?

As for myself it has been a long standing event to go out rain, sleet, or snow..."more like bad cold winds" to have a new year's dive. so if anyone does this strange event as well please tell of your event! :D

Oh and happy New Year to all!

I think this is my 1st post here :D

Me and 2 others so far are going to Bull Shoals Lake at our resort on the 1st at around noon. Vis is always good there and we have warm cabins to use :wink:

welcome to the Board!

Can you even call any dive in Arkansas a "Polar" dive :confused:

Come up here and dive the Niagara River in zero viz, that's a polar dive.

ok guys you got me their you have "polar dives"! :wink:

I'll just call our diving mildly cool :D

Vis in the Niagara River was about a foot, water temperature a balmy 36 degrees.
Air temperature was 20 degrees with a 20 MPH wind and it was snowing.

Vis in the Niagara River was about a foot, water temperature a balmy 36 degrees.
Air temperature was 20 degrees with a 20 MPH wind and it was snowing.

Not far off here. They just had lowered the lake from being flooded which made vis absolutley awful. Was maybe 3' close to shore and maybe a foot past 20' Water temp was 40 and airtemps started in the teens up to 20. Wont be going back to that spot till spring when it clears up. Should have vis up to 20' again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom