New XS Scuba Thermo PVD One-Piece Reserve J Manifold Value???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Benlucas17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a New in the packaging XS Scuba Thermo PVD One-Piece Reserve J Manifold new in the packaging. Does anyone have an idea or input of what the value of it is? Thanks so much!
BA7740DF-64C9-4465-8CE6-535B60845DAF.jpeg
98A8CC2B-ED62-4954-8FAA-D5B03B16F53D.jpeg
1E72C146-5036-4CAD-A961-BBBCFFFDAB92.jpeg
EA687A29-93C8-4E53-9883-2B50BD8E780A.jpeg

NOS Aqualung solid bar manifolds are going for between $170 and $190 here -Valves

That product was manufactured some years ago by XS Scuba as a custom run for a US Government military contract, the black color Mil-Spec PVD coating engineered to remove the shiny reflective surfaces. That date code I think is 2010 year and 20th week. (They later propagated that PVD finish to a stand alone valve in their sport valve line. Why not , Uncle Sam paid for the development.) The quantity needed was relatively small single run and to recover the setup costs the per item price was ridiculously high. As I recall we were asked by XS as a favor to list it on our website for a little while as a 'special order' to establish the retail price. It was only in one or two issues of the XS price list for some reason (possibly related to govt purchasing rules) and in our records as having a zero cost and a retail price of $750 per manifold which of course doesn't make sense. Notice it has a green 40% Nitrox information card (instead a pink Air Only card) yet also 3300 psi PRD, which would be a 5500 psi release pressure on an aluminum 100 cylinder which the DOT says cannot be filled with nitrox higher than 3000 psi.

Your tax dollars at work, it's certainly a 'collectors item' now. Mark Gibello at XS Scuba might recall more about the history of how that product came to be.

I don't need the big money pvd version but if a chrome one with din option came up I'd take it in a heart beat. I'd like to build a twinset bailout for work.

Back
Top Bottom