New wreck found Off Portwashington,WI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwpowell:
Congrats! Keep us posted. I was hoping to do some diving in Port Washington this year, but didn't work out. Maybe next year. :wink:

Mike

Hey Mike,
You missed a great year of fishing too!
You like that deep & tec stuff,got one for you!
see you out next year,and we will get you on a deep dive north!
W.B.Allen,
Brad

Dean810:
Just got back from diving Material Service and Tacoma (for the third time this summer) when I noticed your post. Good going! Now I know what you have been doing with your time! How deep is the wreck??

Thanks Dean,
I would of let you know but at the time was not sure just looking= kind of not too much fun ,so hope to get you back up some time soon,
By the way the Northener had its mooring cut 2 more times since our last dive,
Way in rec limits
Brad
Dive safe!

Update 8-29-05
I just rediscovered her! 2- others found her back in 1999 and sat on her all this time!
because nothing worth while?

see Wiscuba board for all the info,,,,,.
but I did get her on the pages-radar/sonar hell I re- found her and Im Dam Proud!
And soon you will have a new dive site,cool to me,hope it's to you,
Brad

I think you should be proud too! I did a search on the web when you mentioned it, and didn't find any mention of it being found, but plenty of it still waiting to be discovered.

moneysavr:
Update 8-29-05
I just rediscovered her! 2- others found her back in 1999 and sat on her all this time!

but I did get her on the pages-radar/sonar hell I re- found her and Im Dam Proud!
Brad

moneysavr:
Update 8-29-05

Brad

Sounds pretty exciting, I'lld be damn proud too! How long does the dive season last in Port Washington?

Mike

mwpowell:
Sounds pretty exciting, I'lld be damn proud too! How long does the dive season last in Port Washington?

Mike

Got a dry suit? I've dove on January 1st already. Personally I run my boat until the first heavy snow or early December, whichever comes first. You just have to be prepared and keep the run times a little shorter. I've been out on some nice days in early December.

Jim

moneysavr:
Hey guys&Gals,
done it found a new wreck,well old but not found for a long time! she has her anchor ect,will post photos!
South of Portwashington,Wi.
By ME!!!!!!
Brad

Hey Brad, congrats on your find. Way cool!!!

Wow!
This last week had the chance to dive with the WHS research group,on the new wreck
I allways said it was the boys who had all the toy's NOT!
Tamara Thomsen with WHS had some sweet photo and video equipment as they did several shoots of the site,They let us join them on the dive Swimjim,Myself,Meg Jones from the MKE Journal/Sentinel .
The dive was great,viz was down-temps in the 60's sweet!
I will try to post the link to the WHS site to just see several photos at this time more to come!
Brad
Dive safe!
www.maritimetrails.org/notes/fall2005/archives/001675.asp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom