New wreck coming to Tobermory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we go to Picton (from Buffalo), it is quicker to drive across New York to Syracuse, go up to the TI Bridge (Alex Bay), and loop back to Picton than to go through TO....

I loathe everything relating to traffic in and around TO..... Trips to Algonquin and other areas north are done so we pass the TO suburbs around 3:00 am. Even that can be problematic....

So when I do my long drive up to Temagami from Chicago this summer, should I take the “scenic route” through the UP of Michigan and cross into Canada at the Soo rather than crossing at Sarnia, going through Toronto, and then north from there?

I’m used to crappy, heavy traffic having lived in the Chicago area for 23 years now.

worse than LA (I lived there for 4 months) by far supposedly the worst in north america

BOB knows hes done the trip half a dozen times up here

Dang. And I've got online friends in the Toronto area I wanted to see. Grrr...

going south (depending on where in T O ) is faster

going south (depending on where in T O ) is faster

Actually, not that much. Been playing around with map, I can go up through Michigan on I-75, cross the Mighty Mac, and get up to the Soo in about 8 hours. Seems to be about 6 hours to Temagami from the Soo.

I love my road trips and seeing some interesting country while driving is a plus. I've not been across the Big Mac since 1992.

If you wanna save some time and willing to pay, you can cross Toronto from east to west and vice versa using the 407, a toll highway. I live near it so I use it a lot. The 401 is a clusterf*ck most of the day, every day. So are the north/south Don Valley Parkway and 404. I use the west end highways much less but I suspect they are the same.

If you wanna save some time and willing to pay, you can cross Toronto from east to west and vice versa using the 407, a toll highway. I live near it so I use it a lot. The 401 is a clusterf*ck most of the day, every day. So are the north/south Don Valley Parkway and 404. I use the west end highways much less but I suspect they are the same.

Willing to pay? I live in the Chicago area where a good bit of the highways are tollways. How much is the 407?

they will also send a bill to you .......if you decide to pay , im not sure they can really collect if you refuse it ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom