New Worthington LP85 or used PST HP100 south florida ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was hoping to pick up a Worthington LP85 in SE FL this weekend but struck out at
Divers Direct in Lauderdale and also found the weekend before that Fill Express only
carries the HP Worthingtons at their Dixie Highway facility. I called Scuba Center in
Delray and they carry Faber. I may call Fill Express back and see if they can order but
I was suprised not to see these tanks more readily available at these bigger retail
stores. My LDS carries Fabers as well so I'll keep looking. Anyone know of anyone with
a used PST HP100 for sale I would be interested in this as well.

Are you able to get overfills in your part of the state? There is only one shop in the Orlando area that does that any more. I picked up a couple of HP100's to compensate for this. I may put my Faber 85 back on the market, but there was not much interest last month. I'll probably wait until it is Summer all over.

Good luck with it.

I saw a set of hp 120s on craigslist in the san francisco area. look to be new. there set up for dbls with a manifold and bands. I almost bought them but I want the next size up.

idive2:
I was hoping to pick up a Worthington LP85 in SE FL this weekend but struck out at
Divers Direct in Lauderdale and also found the weekend before that Fill Express only
carries the HP Worthingtons at their Dixie Highway facility. I called Scuba Center in
Delray and they carry Faber. I may call Fill Express back and see if they can order but
I was suprised not to see these tanks more readily available at these bigger retail
stores. My LDS carries Fabers as well so I'll keep looking. Anyone know of anyone with
a used PST HP100 for sale I would be interested in this as well.

LeisurePro has both HP and LP Worthingtons in stock and they ship ship them free of charge. See URLs below.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Cate...scSort_0/Filter_3=255:1=1206/XSSHP.html?Hit=1

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/Cate...cSort_0/Filter_3=255:1=1206/XSSLPT.html?Hit=1

ronbeau:
LeisurePro has both HP and LP Worthingtons in stock and they ship ship them free of charge.

Living in south florida I never even considered needing to have scuba tanks shipped
into florida but this is certainly an option. I may see if a Worthington supplier down
here can get the tank then I can just pick it up. Faber and Blue Steel seem to be a bit more available down here but this Worthington LP85 has almost identical buoyancy
as my PST HP100. If I could find someone with a not so used PST HP100 down this way that could work as well.

Stu S.:
Are you able to get overfills in your part of the state? There is only one shop in the Orlando area that does that any more. I picked up a couple of HP100's to compensate for this.
Yep, I like my HP100 as well, even at 3000 psi I'm still around 90cf. I don't know if
any fill station can come right out and tell you they will overfill your tank but it has been my experience that some shops are less skiddish about a couple hundred
extra psi than others. I thinks it's a numbers thing where 3000 doesn't seem like all that much in fact they are used to these pressures but when it comes to a 3600-
3700 psi hot fill on a HP tank they tend to back off a bit, not sure I blame them but thats how it seems to be.

I don't know if any fill station can come right out and tell you they will overfill your tank but it has been my experience that some shops are less skiddish about a couple hundred extra psi than others.

It never hurts to ask. Overfills on HP....well, I can usually get 500 psi over but that is it. Now, my LP95's....some places will have stretch marks on them. :11:

Spratman:
It never hurts to ask. Overfills on HP....well, I can usually get 500 psi over but that is it. Now, my LP95's....some places will have stretch marks on them. :11:

On the LP85 I'm hopin' for a few hundred over service pressure and just a tad
under the stretch marks !

Back
Top Bottom