New whale photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi everyone

back from a long SB hiatus.

I have been quite busy. doing some management / photo pro work for MDA here on Guam. I am still doing my off island photo gigs too, most recently I had the privilege to assist David Doubilet on a project here in Micronesia. Site guide, Camera caddy, and even a model ( don't ask ).

Anyway, I just returned a few days ago from my Annual Humpback whale project with Wyland at the Silver Bank in the Dominican Republic.

I posted a few of the digital underwater shots in my gallery, in the future I will scan the surface images which were shot using film, and get a few of those posted as well.

all the best

Chris

Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the suface images

Becky

I like the curious baby shot. How close did the baby get?

Aloha Chris!

GREAT pictures....fantastic pictures :D

Too bad you couldn't stop off on your way over

Aloha,
Lisa

Great photos, thanks for sharing them with us!!!

beautiful, I am very jealous. Wish one day I will have a chance to see something like that!

SeaYoda:
I like the curious baby shot. How close did the baby get?

so close I had to do my best to get out of harms way. the mothers are not an issue and they do their best to avoid contact, but the babies ( weeks old ) haven't quite gotten control over their bodies yet. fins and tails MUST be watched at all times. Had a few VERY close calls.

calypsonick:
Totally awesome!! Oh........to be the guy with the video cam when the baby came up to check him out, mind boggling!

that is Wyland with his Canon 1D digital still camera. That type of encounter was quite common. the babies are very curious and playful.

justleesa:
Aloha Chris!

GREAT pictures....fantastic pictures :D

Too bad you couldn't stop off on your way over

Aloha,
Lisa

Sorry Lisa, Continental's fare structure made the Hawaii connection a bad idea. I did Tokyo-states-Dominican Republic for 1/2 price by booking the flight s using a Japanese agent. still went Continental all the way, they just give us folks here in Micronesia no mercy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom