New whale photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
I can imagine, airfare is going thru the roof! Maybe someday :wink:

It will happen! maybe on my way to DEMA ( if I go )

anyway, I just added one more image of little ole me and the whales, I had 40 tons of whale sneeking up on me, hahahaha

this one was taken by Wyland.

Hi Chris!
Those pictures are really bellissime!!!
I hope one day I will have a chance to dive with whales and be able to shoot such pictures.
Bravo. Always nice see your pics

Chris Bangs:
Hi everyone

back from a long SB hiatus.

I have been quite busy. doing some management / photo pro work for MDA here on Guam. I am still doing my off island photo gigs too, most recently I had the privilege to assist David Doubilet on a project here in Micronesia. Site guide, Camera caddy, and even a model ( don't ask ).

Anyway, I just returned a few days ago from my Annual Humpback whale project with Wyland at the Silver Bank in the Dominican Republic.

I posted a few of the digital underwater shots in my gallery, in the future I will scan the surface images which were shot using film, and get a few of those posted as well.

all the best

Chris

What is you setup and how much photo experience do you have?

zboss:
What is you setup and how much photo experience do you have?

I use the Fuji S2 digital in an aquatica housing. with the whales I used the Nikon 12-24mm lens.

on the surface I use a Nikon F5 with the 24-120mm or 80-400VR.

I shoot professionally

Chris

Hola Chris, nicely done.
12-24 is great isn't it? I finally got it.
Sounds like you have been really busy, or should i say on holiday a lot...

Like the shot of Wyland and the baby, let him know that i said hes getting fat (resembling the whales)...he'll love that one.

When you going to Palau? I was just there two weeks ago, Tim is here now and this weekend should be kick *** here (full moon) never mind Palau, jump off the plane here

Mike

Mike Veitch:
Hola Chris, nicely done.
12-24 is great isn't it? I finally got it.
Sounds like you have been really busy, or should i say on holiday a lot...

Like the shot of Wyland and the baby, let him know that i said hes getting fat (resembling the whales)...he'll love that one.

When you going to Palau? I was just there two weeks ago, Tim is here now and this weekend should be kick *** here (full moon) never mind Palau, jump off the plane here

Mike

Holiday! not even, up at 5 am and not finished before 11 pm every day,

QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "Photography to the amateur is recreation, to the
professional it is work, and hard work too, no matter how pleasurable
it may be." - Edward Weston

Anyway, Will be in Palau April 2nd through the 4th, I have considered wandering out of the terminal during the stop in Yap and missing the flight to Palau but I have commitments to keep in Palau.

Back
Top Bottom