New Warm Water suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MGW1979

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heading to Coz in 2 weeks! Last time I was there I gave away my old suit which was a bit too big for me (I lost weight). Looking now to get a new suit before I head down.

I'm considering:
Pinnacle seal merino $237
Henderson thermoprene $108
Exceed $85
Bare velocity ??

My first choice was going to be the pinnacle, but I'm not sure I need that much wetsuit, diving maybe 20 dives a year if I'm lucky. The henderson is appealing b/c scubatoys has such a great deal on them, but I seem to be right between two sizes (the XL will be too big around the waist for me). Unfortunately, the only suit I'll be able to try on is the Bare. I've never seen heard of the exceed before today, but my sizes seem to match their XL perfectly.

Anybody have any input on these??
Thanks a lot

Even though I just bought a Henderson Instadry for a trip to Puerto Rico I would recommend the Pinnacle. My son has a Bare 7mm and he likes it just fine. Keep in mind that fit is critical so if you can't try the others on the Bare might be the best choice.

I went with the henderson, the deal was too good to pass up!

The wife and I have the 3mm Bare velocity and love them. Great suit's. Scuba Toy's.

well if the Seal is too much suit for you, don't forget out the Merino-Elastiprene or the basic Elastiprene and even the Venture suits. The seal is a great suit, between that and my Evo2 drysuit I absolutely love Pinnacle, they fit better and are built better than any suit I have used included 3 custom tailored suits. I will say that I have worn the Seal in water from as warm as 82F and as cold as 66F and been wonderfully comfortable. It is ideal in the 72-78 range, as I did open the zipper some in the 82 water to stay a little cooler.

Although they are a bit of an investment, they are worth every cent.

I think that I'll buy a 5 or 7mm pinnacle merino suit in a couple of years when I go to Galapagos!

Back
Top Bottom