New user Aeris atmos ai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garytwoc

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am very new to this board, only getting my OW from PADI in late Dec. 06. I have completed Enriched Air class and almost finished my advanced OW.

I did a lot of research looking for a computer that was easy to read and that was able to handle over the 40% EAN limit. Just to let other very new divers know that if you are looking for reliable equipment, I have been very pleased with the ease of use of the atmos ai. While at depth ( most I have done so far is 62 feet, I havent done my deep dive spec. class yet), the visibility and the two button interface is very easy to use, even for the very new diver.

As new as I am, the atmos ai is very easy to set for different nitrox %'s, and great on pre-dive planning. The software to download diving information for analysis after the dive is also simple to use. Very easy to use the USB port with the included software to check on your air usage, ascent rate ect... I set mine pretty high, so it takes readings every 2 seconds so I can learn as much as I can from each dive.

I'm sure the veterans here dont need my advice but from one newb diver to others, I thought I would post my experiences so far with this computer. Also, the quick disconnect is a must have for this comp.

When I first posted here for advice on where to begin diving education I received a great amount of help and I thought I could help some other new folks in return. Happy Diving.

Gary

I've done over 120 dives on my AI and still love it.
One thing that isn't in the manual is that if the computer
"sees" the air pressure drop to zero, it will clear your Nitrox FO2
value if the 50% option is enabled just like it does when you
surface after a dive.
(It is enabled by default from the factory).

--- bill

I'm creeping up on 100 dives on my Aeris AI and wouldn't get anything else (until I go hoseless one day) :D Great computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom