New twin set rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joel231

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Just put my new twin set rig together, just picked up the new tanks today, everything else has been used, just got to finished my AN/DP course and will be ready to go check out some other spots for longer. Cant wait !!

Setup is all Zeagle on faber 12ltr HP steelies. With Light Monkey bands and 300bar manifold.

Cheers Joel

Attachments

• twins.jpg
    twins.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,226
Looks nice, though I agree with Tortuga's thoughts on the inflator hose being a bit on the too long side. If you are unfamiliar with diving doubles (as AN/DP does allow for the use of single cylinders), you may want to start out in a pool or shallow waters for a while to get acquainted. Doubles are a totally different animal,.... I know, I had mine send me to the bottom of our quarry at 95 ft in less than a minute on my first flight. Scared the crap out of me. Take your time & get familiar with them, before venturing out on advanced dives.Being new to AN/DP, & adding additional task loading with a different configuration, could be asking for trouble.

Oh yeah, im not going into it quickly. The inflator looks long, but the wing is bent over, when im wearing it, it sits quite nicely. Have dived it a few times and in the first part of the course from shore down to 20m and needed some extra weight so wasnt to bad.

Cheers Joel

Well if you look at the side where the inflator is compared to the other side the wing is bent. When im wearing itit goes over my shoulder nicely and is just the right length, the LP hose from the right post is just the right length so i think its fine.

Cheers Joel

Well if you look at the side where the inflator is compared to the other side the wing is bent. When im wearing itit goes over my shoulder nicely and is just the right length, the LP hose from the right post is just the right length so i think its fine.

The inflator hose need only be raised above the top of the wing in a vertical orientation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom