New twin Geo's read different temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just bought 2 identical Oceanic Geos, they consitantly read about a 3 degree temperature difference. I've tested them in air and water. I've done a controlled test, filling a bucket with water and putting them both in it side by side and leaving them alone for an hour and they read different temperatures.

Is there a temperature adjustment feature to these dive computers?

Last edited:
From experience I can tell you that +/- 3 degrees is within spec for these computers. You can send them back to oceanic to be calibrated or replaced if they are way off, but if they are within 3-4 degrees of the correct temperature, and within 3 degrees of each other, you are doing well and I wouldn't mess with it.

My family uses several oceanic/Aeris computers and from lowest to highest we have about 5-6 degrees of difference on any given dive, with the correct temperature being somewhere in the middle.

I heard at one point Oceanic was having some sort of problem with their temperature sensors (or whatever they are called) but that was awhile ago. I had one computer that was consistently 6-7 degrees off and sent it back for adjustment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom