New TSA Regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
Dennis - they'll probably sell "secure water" for $6 a bottle :laughing:

:D :D :D

nekkid flying :D
And I get the magic number of 72, bring 'm on :multi:

ROFL, you know $6 a bottle doesn't sound too outlandish, last I checked they were selling water for around $3.50 in the Fort Lauderdale Airport!

And people complain about the price of gas?

stu_in_fl:
no liquids allowed past security

(drinks, sunscreen, shampoo, hair gel etc. etc.)...people with babies seem to be aloowed to take milk if the parent tastes it...

...could be worse..in the UK at tthe moment they are no longer allowed carry on luggage (just a clear plastic bag)...lets hope the US don't follow suit in that regard - I don't want to check in my regs/camera/computers etc.
I would like to know the facts that took place in London because I just can't see taking down a 767 with a bottle of conditioner and a starbucks coffee but I may be wrong. McGiver could probably do it! :D

As for the packing of "Liquid Stuff" I typically pack it all in zip locks and hope for the best. Besides, who needs to shower, the fish could care less what I smell like.

I pack my dive knife in the checked luggage, as far as I know, that's still OK althought my last trip to Roatan I was forced to remove all batteries from my checked and carry on luggage. That was a new one on me. That also went for rechargables.

Pretty soon there are going to be NAKED flights where you are allowed to strip at security and then board the plane. I want a ticket on the hooters plane for that maden voyage.

Diver Dennis:
Try to buy a burger at LAX...:shakehead

Lol, I'll have to remember not to :wink:, generally what I do is have a large meal before heading to the airport or depending on the airport eat there if the in house restaurants/fast food joints aren't too expensive..

Fairy, Blair was vacationing in Barbados, it's the hip place to be it seems :).

Diver Dennis:
Try to buy a burger at LAX...:shakehead
I thought they only served Tacos. :biggrinba

Diver Dennis:
I guess Menthos and coke are out too....

I wonder how long these new regulations will be effect.

I know a lot of travellers keep their personal effects/toiletries and other items in their carry on luggage to help reduce the weight of their checked luggage (which has a 50lb limit in most destinations)

I can see a lot more persons having to pay overweight baggage fees now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom