New Tourist Tax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should look at your domestic hotel bill sometime. There are taxes and fees there to pay for local projects like sports stadiums etc. Taxes are nothing new and they generally only get more expensive over time. I would not stay home or go diving in a less attractive place over an $11 change.

You should look at your domestic hotel bill sometime. There are taxes and fees there to pay for local projects like sports stadiums etc. Taxes are nothing new and they generally only get more expensive over time. I would not stay home or go diving in a less attractive place over an $11 change.
Agree one hundred percent

If I remember correctly, Canada used to charge $2.50 American to get out. Is that still a thing?.

Never flown into Canada, but only dealt with US Customs driving back into the country. I don’t think such a thing existed and I’ve lived in Washington state on and off since 1973.

Never flown into Canada, but only dealt with US Customs driving back into the country. I don’t think such a thing existed and I’ve lived in Washington state on and off since 1973.

It must have just been an airport tax or the guy wanted a pack of smokes. I still love Canada.

Used to apply to Bonaire as well..now it is rolled into the airfare...

Used to apply to Bonaire as well..now it is rolled into the airfare...
Plus the $5.50 a day tourist tax. Usually that's in your hotel or property rental bill. We paid ours separately in cash.

It supposedly went into effect April 1 and we departed CZM April 5 and no money was collected.

Plus the $5.50 a day tourist tax. Usually that's in your hotel or property rental bill. We paid ours separately in cash.
The new tourism plan on Bonaire for the post Covid recovery includes a $10 arrival fee and that's supposed to apply for cruise passengers too. They make a lot of plans but follow through here is not really a thing so it's not time to get excited yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom