New to Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK wise guy. It’s a:
Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1CPU@
1.00Ghz. 1.20 GHz
8.0 GB RAM
64 bit operating system
Will that run DaVinci Resolve free download?

Sorry, i couldn't help laugh bc it sounds like the pc is 20 yrs old. Video files will probably cripple your pc, might be so large your pc couldn't handle it.

$600 should get you a decent laptop with enough juice to do what you need.

Sorry, i couldn't help laugh bc it sounds like the pc is 20 yrs old. Video files will probably cripple your pc, might be so large your pc couldn't handle it.

$600 should get you a decent laptop with enough juice to do what you need.

Look at my last reply. I bought this HP less than a year, ago.

Look at my last reply. I bought this HP less than a year, ago.

Sounds good. In your 1st post when you said pentium 5 and 8 MB of ram a, it made me think of my old PC that recently died and it was an old XP machine!

@Texas Joe - Being a year old and 64-bit, I'm assuming this PC is running Windows 10.

If you just want to dip your foot in the water of video editing, I would try the very simple program that is built into Windows 10. It's just called Video Editor:

Create films with Video Editor
Have done that. No fade in or fade out. Or maybe I haven’t figured it out. Haven’t tried to ad music, yet.

Have done that. No fade in or fade out. Or maybe I haven’t figured it out. Haven’t tried to ad music, yet.

I would take a look at ShotCut: Shotcut - Home

Totally free, and easier to learn than DaVinci Resolve. Don't get me wrong - DaVinci is great and has tons of features. But ShotCut does not require as many system resources to run and is somewhat easier to learn. It has fade in/out (and many transitions) and adding background music is easy. Anything you need to learn on ShotCut (or DaVinci) you can probably find a short instructional video on YouTube.

I would take a look at ShotCut: Shotcut - Home

Totally free, and easier to learn than DaVinci Resolve. Don't get me wrong - DaVinci is great and has tons of features. But ShotCut does not require as many system resources to run and is somewhat easier to learn. It has fade in/out (and many transitions) and adding background music is easy. Anything you need to learn on ShotCut (or DaVinci) you can probably find a short instructional video on YouTube.

thanks for the heads up. I actually downloaded Shotcut last night. Thanks for everyone’s input. Texas Joe

Adobe Premier Elements, great easy to use program doesn't need a lot of computer power. I think you can download a 30 day trail version to try it out and decide if you like it. It's not expensive and unlike the many other Adobe products there is no monthly subscription. You buy it you own it for ever.

Back
Top Bottom