New to Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texas Joe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Fellow Shooters,
I have never really tried doing video. I need an easy, but decent video editing program that will run on my business system. I’m not real savy either. I have a pentium 5 and 8 mb ram. Don’t want to make a large investment unless the video bug really bites me. Please help. Don’t know if I have the talent for this.

Do you have an iPad? The Apple iMovie application is very easy to navigate and it’s free.

Da Vinci Resolve is a professional editing program that has full functionality for free. It does have somewhat of a learning curve, but it's great software. I doubt it will run on a pentium 5 though.

An other option could also be to get a pirated version of a very old adobe premiere pro. It is the industry standard for video editing.

If you are not video savvy it does have somewhat of a learning curve, but luckily youtube can give you a tutorial nowadays which can get you editing within an hour.

Learn Premiere Pro in 30 Minutes - YouTube

Da Vinci Resolve is a professional editing program that has full functionality for free. It does have somewhat of a learning curve, but it's great software. I doubt it will run on a pentium 5 though.

An other option could also be to get a pirated version of a very old adobe premiere pro. It is the industry standard for video editing.

If you are not video savvy it does have somewhat of a learning curve, but luckily youtube can give you a tutorial nowadays which can get you editing within an hour.

I was told Premier Pro Elements will not function properly on my computer. That was my first choice.

Thanks. That seems to be a favorite. Any recommendations on what I need to operate it sufficiently?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom