New to the site and trying to figure out how to search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNrookie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,
I joined the group in hopes of connecting with those who have recently dived in locations I'm going to. My husband and I have not dove in close to 5 years since we did a couple dives in NZ and a liveaboard in Australia. We snorkeled in Grand Cayman and actually had a good time despite not being able to dive (I was pregnant and my husband opted not let me snorkel by myself).
We got an alert to a good deal on airfare to Maldives and went with it. Now looking into it more we are finding out how expansive Maldives is and hit and miss on reviews saying the diving and snorkeling aren't actually very good over there anymore. I've been reading everywhere until my eyes feel cross-eyed trying to figure out where to go.
I'm hoping to figure out how to search the forum for those who have been there recently. Maybe I will get lucky and someone reading this will have been there recently and reply with their opinions of the area.

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

I'm not sure if this is of help, but ScubaBoard includes some regional forums, one of which is dedicated to the Maldives: Maldives. Maybe take a look there and post any questions there.

The search function provided by Google that allows you to narrow results to a specific web site is also useful. Just preface your search with site:scubaboard.com.

So, for example, you could type site:scubaboard.com maldives liveaboards

Hello,
I joined the group in hopes of connecting with those who have recently dived in locations I'm going to. My husband and I have not dove in close to 5 years since we did a couple dives in NZ and a liveaboard in Australia. We snorkeled in Grand Cayman and actually had a good time despite not being able to dive (I was pregnant and my husband opted not let me snorkel by myself).
We got an alert to a good deal on airfare to Maldives and went with it. Now looking into it more we are finding out how expansive Maldives is and hit and miss on reviews saying the diving and snorkeling aren't actually very good over there anymore. I've been reading everywhere until my eyes feel cross-eyed trying to figure out where to go.
I'm hoping to figure out how to search the forum for those who have been there recently. Maybe I will get lucky and someone reading this will have been there recently and reply with their opinions of the area.

If you're using a Chrome browser:
site:scubaboard.com (your search terms here)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom