New to the forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g1138

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just wanted to say hi =]

Back at you. Welcome.

Welcome to the NorCal section! Where do you dive around here?

Most of my dives are off the Sonoma Coast, with some in Mendocino, and others in Monterey.

Sweet! Finally, another person with combination of letters and numbers as a handle.

Welcome!

Is that a bunny ascii signature?

Thanks for the welcome.
I just had to look up what ascii stood for.....I guess so.
And no contrary to popular belief I have yet to see THX1138. It's something from a past forum experience. Back in the dial up days.
Anywhozles, I haven't been diving much but so far it's all been within Monterey.
I've only made dive in Breakwater, Monastery, Del Monte (not much there), and the Cowell's Wharf in Santa Cruz (quite a lot there actually).

Thanks for the welcome.
I just had to look up what ascii stood for.....I guess so.
And no contrary to popular belief I have yet to see THX1138. It's something from a past forum experience. Back in the dial up days.
Anywhozles, I haven't been diving much but so far it's all been within Monterey.
I've only made dive in Breakwater, Monastery, Del Monte (not much there), and the Cowell's Wharf in Santa Cruz (quite a lot there actually).

Good to meet you. I've just started diving more in NorCal, myself. How'd you like Monastery?

Monastery was beautiful.
The North side has a lot more kelp and is a whole lot deeper than the South side. There was a lot of weaving through and around kelp, which for me made the dive a total blast. It was pretty cloudy and the rain started pouring when we got back in but I didn't mind at all. =]

Monastery was beautiful.
The North side has a lot more kelp and is a whole lot deeper than the South side. There was a lot of weaving through and around kelp, which for me made the dive a total blast. It was pretty cloudy and the rain started pouring when we got back in but I didn't mind at all. =]

Nice. I still haven't dived there -- if you go back and would like a buddy, just let me know.

How was the shore entry? I hear it can range from tricky to dangerous.

I'll give you a shout if I'm ever in the need.
The entry went smoothly. If you've ever been to the Breakwater you know you can either have a long shuffle to the water line or a real short one. Monastery is a fairly steep sandy drop to the water line. Take two steps out and you're in 10 ft of water minimum. xD
Can't really say it was too tricky, of course the waves were incredibly nice that day.

Back
Top Bottom