New To The Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well...kind of. I grew up in Spring, but spent the last 4 years living in Florida. I am a dive master and have about 70 or more logged dives. I moved back about a month ago and I feel extremely weird not diving every weekend... I'm looking for some dive buddies. I really want to check out blue lagoon sometime soon and maybe learn about some other dive spots in the area.

Hi Shorti, Welcome to The Woodlands! We have quite a few divers in this area and a few other local dive spots besides the Blue Lagoon. Additionally, we have the Flower Garden National Marine Sanctuary off the coast of Freeport not too far from The Woodlands. Our group of divers from The Woodlands have upcoming trips planned to the Red Sea, Cozumel, Flower Gardens, & the Bonne Terre Mine this year. We've already made plans for a Cayman trip and a Great White Shark cage dive in 2015 and are tentatively making plans for Fiji in 2016.

Welcome to the area!!
--Chip

That's awesome. But probably out of my price range lol. I'm looking for people who want to Dive locally.

That's awesome. But probably out of my price range lol. I'm looking for people who want to Dive locally.

I understand, most of my diving is done locally at the Blue Lagoon, Twin Lakes Scuba Park, 288 Lake & Mammoth Scuba Park. You'll enjoy the area.

Hi Shorti,

Thanks for stopping by, you've come to the right place. We have divers in the water every month of the year, much of it local diving. Check out our website, the url is listed below in my signature. We have a Dive Buddy Board which should start seeing increased activity with the water starting to warm up.

Also, our monthly meeting is this Thursday at Stag's Head Pub. It's in Houston, but we have several folks who drive in from the Woodlands and Kingwood for it. It'd be a great opportunity to get to know people if you're free that night.

Hope to dive with you soon!

SB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom