New to Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!
If you'll click ScubaBoard.com above, you'll be taken to our long list of forums, a wealth of information and resources. At the bottom, be sure to notice the Local & Singles Dive Club forums.

PM me if I can help you learn your way around; that is - click my username to the upper left, then follow the prompts to send me a "Personal Message." :thumb:

:cowboy: don

Dyvingluvly:
Hello all,

I became certified in Oct. 2002. Don't have many dives under my belt (only 53). Since being certified, mostly I dive in So. Cal. wearing 7mm suit. I perfer to dive in warm water. Have gone on 7 warm water trips so far. I love to travel to other countries. I am looking forward to many more dives and meeting new people. Live long, dive safe.
Welcome, Dyvingluvly! I, too, do alot of local SoCal diving, and would welcome a new dive friend! PM me or post if you would like to dive when the weather and the water clear a bit. We have a casual and fun monthly beach dive gathering (The Wrinkles Dive), and the April 9/10 event will be at Leo Carrillo State Park. Check the Forum: United States, California Kelp Divers, SoCal, and the thread for the April Wrinkles Dive...Great group of people, new comers always welcome, and fun diving when the conditions cooperate. The SoCal folk often plan quick beach dives by posting ideas and suggestions in the SoCal forum. Have fun on the Board, and please ask questions!
Claudette

HBDiveGirl:
Welcome, Dyvingluvly! I, too, do alot of local SoCal diving, and would welcome a new dive friend! PM me or post if you would like to dive when the weather and the water clear a bit. We have a casual and fun monthly beach dive gathering (The Wrinkles Dive), and the April 9/10 event will be at Leo Carrillo State Park. Check the Forum: United States, California Kelp Divers, SoCal, and the thread for the April Wrinkles Dive...Great group of people, new comers always welcome, and fun diving when the conditions cooperate. The SoCal folk often plan quick beach dives by posting ideas and suggestions in the SoCal forum. Have fun on the Board, and please ask questions!
Claudette

Thanks, I will definitely check the board for new dive adventures.

Did you ever get to dive Truk?

Welcome to diving and ScubaBoard. Having trained and dived here in SoCal, you will be pretty well equipped to dive elsewhere. Sad that our incredible kelp forests are generally in very poor shape due to that. Of course our waters are pretty darned warm the past two years (I recently switched from my 3/2mm to my 5mm wetsuit). Still, during the winter I love to travel to warm water dive destinations. Palau will probably be the next trip (in April) unless I decide to go somewhere on the spur of the moment before then.

howdy and welcome from south Florida....

Did you ever get to dive Truk?

All to note: this is an 11 year old thread, and the OP hasn't been on SB in nearly five years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom