New to scuba board and sadly retiring!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jean R

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I wish I knew about this site when I was active in diving! Having trained on Scotland's west coast, when I moved to the US I think I dived every wreck of NJ's shore! Then moved west and enjoyed all that the Pacific Northwest had to offer-from the puget sound all the way north to British Columbia and the inside passage. Stayed in CA a while too and love the kelp forests. The only time I ever did warm water diving was in Cozumel and there are no words to describe the viz, the animal life and that incredible coral reef. But too many injuries working as a RN have trashed my poor back! I'm selling my gear on this forum. Hope it brings someone else as many happy years as I've had under the waves

Sorry you are having to give it up. I can only imagine how hard that might be!

Very sorry to hear that. I myself am getting more involved with diving as my body cannot handle my snowmobiling habit anymore :D

Sorry to hear that. The day I can't dive anymore, I will really need some other good reasons to stay alive.

Are you sure you need to fully retire? For divers with back problems sidemount offers a number of alternatives where impact on the back is minimal.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I can't shoulder my gear at all now. Knees are injured too. Trust me I've tried so many configurations and it's all much too painful (in more ways than one!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom