new (to me) Tan Deltas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are back from the Caymen trip. We caught the tail end of Ike and never got to leave Grand Caymen. We were still offered 27 dives abnd for 5 of the days we were the only dive boat not stuck in the harbor. My wife and i did 23 of the 27 dives. Some of the night dives had some pretty low viz.

I didn't adapt real well to the Tan Deltas and went back to my originals. I had ankle and knee pain, maybe too much damage to both from football and racquetball over the years.

I was disappointed but glad i brought my old fins.

Oh well, back on ebay they go

jim

Jimorus,
Just wondering where you purchased the Tan Delta's? Were they signed?

Glad you had your originals. That is why we offer three different grades of stiffness for all diferent types of diving and different types of people. Thanks for tha sharing and safe diving!
Best,
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
They came from an ebay retailer. Yes they are signed. They are barely scuffed when compared to my originals with over 350 dives on them. I was keyed up to use them and they were a lot stiffer than the orginals.

The first few dives I wrote the sore ankles and knees off to too much time riding a recumbent bike. I have a nerve disease that keeps me from a lot of walking and the steroids keep me round so I ride about 100 to 150 miles a week. The recumbent let me keep riding the bike but took the load off my hands.

Force Fins, recumbent bike, backplate and harness without any of the tech gear to go with it, yes I am out there a ways.

After I got good and sore I put my originals on and didn't look back until the last dive of the week. I had no pain or tiredness in my ankles knees or legs. It was good to have no pain but a little disapointing to have the "creme de la creme" and not be able to use them. I figured no pain after 5 days and doing 1 hour dives in some ripping currents my legs would have strengthened a bit, but I was wrong again. I put them back on for the last dive and decided that I must just be an original kind of guy.

Thanks for taking an interest.

I may try some Extra Force fins next time. My major concern was that the originals may tear or lose some elasticity and I would be stuck using paddle fins somewhere and I don't ever want to go back there.

I was definitely surprised to see no Force Fin dealers in Bonaire last spring as I had hoped to rent some of the different models there to try them out.

Jim Morus

Dmorus, thanks for the up date. I made my pair of Tan Delta's softer like the originals. I prefer not to feel the fin's. You would think that John Wall would be selling Force Fin in Bonaire. Thanks for your support. Best bob

Back
Top Bottom